TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssolicitorz

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Aug 3, 2021
Is it true that while many paralegalling opportunities ask for previous paralegalling experience/LPC, most are extremely flexible to those requirements and you should apply even if you don't have experience or haven't completed the LPC?

Reactions: F99

Abii

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 1, 2021
Is it true that while many paralegalling opportunities ask for previous paralegalling experience/LPC, most are extremely flexible to those requirements and you should apply even if you don't have experience or haven't completed the LPC?
Yes. My first paralegal role required the LPC and previous experience - I will caveat I had transferable skills from my uni job and a 3 month paid legal internship but no LPC.

Reactions: ssolicitorz

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I wouldn’t say that most are extremely flexible. Many are, but to say most are is probably a little over exaggerated.

The market is pretty buoyant at the moment though (not sure how long this will last) and many firms/organisations are having to be more flexible, especially if they can’t offer flexible working/hybrid working.

I’d look carefully at the wording of the job description. If they say a candidate must have something, I’d take that as pretty certain. If they say they would prefer someone to have something, then they are more flexible.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
At one point today, they asked me what my favourite park in London was. I said "Hampstead Heath because it's beautiful and not just because I'm a raging homosexual." (They laughed, but what the hell is wrong with me :oops:)
I love this answer! It gets your personality across and that’s a good thing to me.

• Haha
Reactions: Adrian_S
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.