Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thank for letting me know!

Sorry I forgot to mention that she used a different email. I think using a different email should be safe. Cause like you said, worse case scenario I’ll just be straight up rejected.
The systems are typically sophisticated enough to pick up duplicates across names and cross referencing other key data that would remain the same, so this isn’t a fool proof approach.

I personally would advise not investing the time in reapplying if the firm’s policy makes you ineligible - I think it would be a waste of time.

• 🏆
Reactions: SuccessfulSolicitor

thoms

Star Member
  • Apr 29, 2023
    Completed Baker McKenzie Watson Glaser yesterday 24th April. No email recognising completion of application.

Graduate recruitment email says you will find out as soon as possible but later also says you will find out within 2 weeks.

Anyone received anything else after completing WG?
    When did you submit your application and how long did you wait to receive WG invite ?

Solicitorhopeful3000

Premium Member
  • Oct 3, 2021
    @Jessica Booker I am in my final year of law and have been unsuccessful in securing a vacation scheme in London this cycle. I have been offered a placement in my home country as a legal associate, however, I would like to continue applying for direct training contracts while I am at this role. I was curious whether opting for a graduate visa would aid in this process and improve my odds of securing a direct TC. All the firms I will be applying to, do sponsor international students, and as the graduate visa is costly, I was wondering if investing in one would be worth it?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    @Jessica Booker I am in my final year of law and have been unsuccessful in securing a vacation scheme in London this cycle. I have been offered a placement in my home country as a legal associate, however, I would like to continue applying for direct training contracts while I am at this role. I was curious whether opting for a graduate visa would aid in this process and improve my odds of securing a direct TC. All the firms I will be applying to, do sponsor international students, and as the graduate visa is costly, I was wondering if investing in one would be worth it?
    A graduate visa will only help you with doing vacation schemes in the U.K. - it won’t help you with a TC as it won’t cover the period of time needed for the TC. Obviously converting a VS with potentially help your chances of securing a TC, but if you plan to work in your home country, I don’t think it will be a worthwhile investment if you are not planning to stay in the U.K for the short term.

Solicitorhopeful3000

Premium Member
  • Oct 3, 2021
    A graduate visa will only help you with doing vacation schemes in the U.K. - it won’t help you with a TC as it won’t cover the period of time needed for the TC. Obviously converting a VS with potentially help your chances of securing a TC, but if you plan to work in your home country, I don’t think it will be a worthwhile investment if you are not planning to stay in the U.K for the short term.
    Thank you, Jessica, this is incredibly helpful!

adafdadfadfafdaf

Distinguished Member
    Feb 22, 2023
    Hi guys - Just wanted to come on here quickly and say i just got invited to my first ever AC (direct TC for Winckworth Sherwood) . I just had a few questions if anyone ( @Jessica Booker Jessica Booker) could help me out that would much appreciated. 1. for written tasks at AC what sort of things are law firms looking for you to show in terms of knowledge, skills or presentation ? 2. Any tips around group exercise ?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.