TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    congrats to everyone getting their freshfields WG test, so proud of all of you!! 🎉just a quick q, how long does Freshfields typically take to respond after completing WG?

serojasa

Standard Member
    Oct 29, 2021
    could use some advice:

i have been offered a TC at a firm - one of the terms is that i stop engaging in the recruitment process for any other firm etc etc.

i've just recieved a WG for freshfields. if i did pass this, the AC would take place after the deadline to accept my TC offer at the other firm.

would it be stupid to email the firm asking for an extension based on the possibility of an AC invite.
    if i did and they didnt offer an extension -- what are my options? can i attend potential AC's as they wouldn't know and renege later on the offer? should i not take the risk?

fwiw- i have only been given around a week from receiving the offer letter to needing to accept

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    could use some advice:

i have been offered a TC at a firm - one of the terms is that i stop engaging in the recruitment process for any other firm etc etc.

i've just recieved a WG for freshfields. if i did pass this, the AC would take place after the deadline to accept my TC offer at the other firm.

would it be stupid to email the firm asking for an extension based on the possibility of an AC invite.
    if i did and they didnt offer an extension -- what are my options? can i attend potential AC's as they wouldn't know and renege later on the offer? should i not take the risk?

fwiw- i have only been given around a week from receiving the offer letter to needing to accept
    The firm wouldn’t know you are still engaging in the recruitment process for other firms unless you told them. I don’t think it’s really a legitimate clause in the contract either.

Reactions: Jaysen and serojasa

Future_lawyer_somewhere

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jun 4, 2019
    FF WG is not automatic - earliest deadline was 17th July. (Those who got invited day after deadline closed).

Seems they’ve caught up with the last applications. So will probably start hearing back by later today / Monday.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Thank you, I'll continue with the applications then. As a side note is 1 week to respond the usual?... feels very short
    Normal for most jobs - training contracts are a bit different where it is typically four weeks, but it isn't uncommon for it to only be a week, especially if you need to be onboarded for the LPC/SQE/GDL in September.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.