TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegalC

Star Member
Aug 23, 2022
I did my first assessment centre today! No idea how it went but we wait. I was just wondering, generally - do firms usually email applicants if they’ve not been successful, and call them if they have been? Am I right to assume that this happens at least 99% of the time with TC outcomes?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Freshfields TC offer, I am still kind of speechless. The only firm that invited me to AC and I had basically given up hope this cycle. Thanks to the TCLA community, I've been a lurker and occasional poster and the advice + support has been invaluable
Amazing news - love to see multiple Freshfields offers in this forum (I am completely biased!).

Well done and congratulations!

Well Done Wow GIF by Abitan

sunnyd

Star Member
Apr 21, 2022
Hi - I had a vacation scheme with Teacher Stern in July and they said we’ll be hearing back in September. Could someone advise me if I should email HR and just reiterate my interest - just to show initiative and remind them of me? Is that wise? Please help 🙏🏻

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi - I had a vacation scheme with Teacher Stern in July and they said we’ll be hearing back in September. Could someone advise me if I should email HR and just reiterate my interest - just to show initiative and remind them of me? Is that wise? Please help 🙏🏻
I’d probably give it another week or so before contacting them - we aren’t quite half way through September yet, and I expect you could hear back in the next week or so. A polite but brief email asking when in September you may hear back could be appropriate, but I would personally just wait another week or so before sending it.

You don’t have to remind them - they know who you are, it will just be to give you callers as to when in September you will hear back.

Reactions: sunnyd

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
I can't believe I'm posting this but I got a call today from Freshfields with a TC offer! It came at 7 am ish so I was lowkey thinking it was a prank call haha After all these rejections I really can't believe this is happening! :')

Freshfields TC offer, I am still kind of speechless. The only firm that invited me to AC and I had basically given up hope this cycle. Thanks to the TCLA community, I've been a lurker and occasional poster and the advice + support has been invaluable
Wonderful wonderful news!!👏👏👏 Very happy for you both @sc29 and @lawcurious123! Thank you for being a part of TCLA so far and now that you have your TC, we'd love to continue being a part of journey through the Junior Lawyers' Community.

Wishing you the very best for the future! 😊

• 🤝
Reactions: lawcurious123

erin1009

• Feb 10, 2022
    Hi @Jessica Booker

I am in need of your advice. I already know I won't be able to make a firm's tc ac day due to my work schedule of 9-5. When I send my application over via email should I make it clear then to give them as much notice as possible incase they like my application? I don't know how best to approach this kind of situation and I could really benefit from some guidance.

Thank you in advance.
    Erin

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    Hi @Jessica Booker

I am in need of your advice. I already know I won't be able to make a firm's tc ac day due to my work schedule of 9-5. When I send my application over via email should I make it clear then to give them as much notice as possible incase they like my application? I don't know how best to approach this kind of situation and I could really benefit from some guidance.

Thank you in advance.
    Erin
    Hi @erin1009, I would contact the firm about this when you've reached the stage where you've been offered an AC. I can understand if you're concerned about putting effort into an application only to be unable to attend an AC for it later on, but it may be possible to work with the firm to find a date and time that suits you for an AC and this may not be as big a problem.

Reactions: erin1009
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.