Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker

I am in need of your advice. I already know I won't be able to make a firm's tc ac day due to my work schedule of 9-5. When I send my application over via email should I make it clear then to give them as much notice as possible incase they like my application? I don't know how best to approach this kind of situation and I could really benefit from some guidance.

Thank you in advance.
Erin
Could you not take annual leave to attend the AC?

erin1009

• Feb 10, 2022
    Hi @erin1009, I would contact the firm about this when you've reached the stage where you've been offered an AC. I can understand if you're concerned about putting effort into an application only to be unable to attend an AC for it later on, but it may be possible to work with the firm to find a date and time that suits you for an AC and this may not be as big a problem.
    Thank you! I will take your advice!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hello,

Does anyone know if you can reapply to a firm after being rejected following a Telephone interview?
    It will depend on the firm’s policy - most will allow you to reapply, but some may ask you to wait for a certain period of time or to apply to a different type of vacancy. It’s always worthwhile checking with the individual firm

Reactions: Caroline1999

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Slightly off-topic but are blazers an absolute must for women at in-person interviews? Or will smart trousers, loafers and a blouse do?
    They are not an absolute must unless the firm is very conservative. I tend to advise taking one anyway (if you have one) and you can always take it off/carry it/leave it at reception.

Reactions: samni

samni

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 2, 2020
    They are not an absolute must unless the firm is very conservative. I tend to advise taking one anyway (if you have one) and you can always take it off/carry it/leave it at reception.
    Thank you, Jessica! I think I'll play it safe then. Every AC I've ever done has been virtual so I suddenly have a lot more to think about in terms of prep!

Reactions: Jessica Booker

Rob93

Legendary Member
    Dec 29, 2020
    Hey guys - any VI tips for Weil? Would appreciate any feedback at all!
    Know your basics - why law why weil why you. There are no trick questions and they are open ended enough that there are no strictly right/wrong answers. Use your time effectively and if you get flustered take a second to collect yourself rather than babbling on and getting caught in a spiral.

MontereyPK

• Aug 9, 2022
    Know your basics - why law why weil why you. There are no trick questions and they are open ended enough that there are no strictly right/wrong answers. Use your time effectively and if you get flustered take a second to collect yourself rather than babbling on and getting caught in a spiral.
    Thank you!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.