Status
Not open for further replies.

traineedreamer

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Oct 23, 2019
re-apply to them. they've opened their winter vac scheme and i'm sure you could basically use the cover letter with a couple of changes to any recent work they've been doing/ awards they have won. don't give up with them or anyone else - it's a numbers game. the more you try, the greater your odds are!
It's true, thank you! Think I was almost having a moment too because it's unclear whether it was a rejection based on filling spaces or a rejection based on my application not being good enough. People who applied after me got interviews though so I suppose it may be the latter. Still, we go again!

Reactions: the english lawyer

CR7

Premium Member
Jul 23, 2022
I don't know - but even if I did, it would also be down to the law firm.

2 days is no time at all - paperwork could easily take a week or two.

You could apply now but personally I would wait until you have your paperwork.

Maybe email the Graduate Recruitment team and explain that you are keen to ensure you have enough time for onboarding for the LPC but also have some questions about how the LPC fee process would work and therefore can you arrange a call with them.

You could then get all your questions answered on that call (e.g. how long the paperwork would take and how the paying the LPC fees work, plus anything else you want to know). You can explain given the LPC deadlines you'd be keen to catch up this week if possible.
Thanks Jessica.

Reassuring to know that about paperwork.

I've been communicating with the partner directly and I think he's my first point of contact, so was just a bit reluctant to keep on bombarding him, but I do just need to bite the bullet and communicate these questions.

Thanks again

Reactions: Alison C

the english lawyer

Aug 22, 2022
It's true, thank you! Think I was almost having a moment too because it's unclear whether it was a rejection based on filling spaces or a rejection based on my application not being good enough. People who applied after me got interviews though so I suppose it may be the latter. Still, we go again!
yea for sure, I understand that. I would say that applying in this cycle is better because now all spaces for a tc are open, whereas when they opened their direct tc process in the summer, it was only to fill whatever spaces they didnt with the vac schemes.

much higher chance if applying now in the new cycle. and applications can always be slightly improved, but I think grad rec were just being super honest that they only had a few spaces to fill and more applicants than expected.

• 🤝
Reactions: traineedreamer

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thanks Jessica.

Reassuring to know that about paperwork.

I've been communicating with the partner directly and I think he's my first point of contact, so was just a bit reluctant to keep on bombarding him, but I do just need to bite the bullet and communicate these questions.

Thanks again
Maybe just ask him if there is someone in HR you can speak to about the onboarding processes as you are keen to ensure you can sign up to the LPC ahead of the course starting in the next couple of week.

Reactions: CR7
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.