Not open for further replies.

j.s.cox

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 29, 2022
    Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone knows whether it would be OK to ask Slaughters to bring forward the interview date (in May)? I know that you request it if you have a clashing offer. In my case I have a family situation which would need me to be abroad on the interview date. However, I have heard that having a late interview slot with Slaughters *is* actually a disadvantage and probably a reflection of the fact that I didn't apply early enough. I was wondering whether in this case the request to bring forward the interview will not be received well?

Thanks a lot!
    If you have a genuine situation in which you need to change the date of the interview, I don't think they will read too much into it. The worst that can happen is that they say no and you are in the same situation you are in now.

hkulsk2021

Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Dec 11, 2022
    I did a bit of research on MWE last year as I considered applying. They only seemed to mention the SQE exams, eg. Don’t make non-law sit the PGDL. Therefore, their recruitment seems to spill over into the next year. A quick Google brings up lawcareers.net saying their TC deadline will be October 2023, and MWE’s application site still has last year’s link which suggests it hasn’t opened yet this year. Hope that’s helpful ☺️

Re not recruiting trainees for a year, didn’t they only just reopen last year? As if so, I’d be surprised if they were shutting it down again already? Please could I ask where you heard this? Thanks ☺️
    I saw it on chamberstudent where it says it says they have recently ended trainee recruitment, and their recruitment website is only showing the 2024 one. I hope that means they are still recruiting for 2025, fingers crossed! :)

You are right about the PGDL, it doesn't look like they sponsor non-law students to go through their conversion course.

commerciallawyer2910

Esteemed Member
    Dec 7, 2022
    Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone knows whether it would be OK to ask Slaughters to bring forward the interview date (in May)? I know that you request it if you have a clashing offer. In my case I have a family situation which would need me to be abroad on the interview date. However, I have heard that having a late interview slot with Slaughters *is* actually a disadvantage and probably a reflection of the fact that I didn't apply early enough. I was wondering whether in this case the request to bring forward the interview will not be received well?

Thanks a lot!
    I wouldn’t say it’s a disadvantage but they do interview in batches, so the earlier you get in the better. They’re very flexible in terms of changing your interview date - I said I had a competing deadline and they moved mine to the next week! They won’t hold it against you so don’t wordy

Momo

Esteemed Member
    Nov 21, 2022
    Hello @Jessica Booker , I d like to ask when answering why commercial law, is it fine to contrast work experience in law firm and also in-house? for example to say I enjoyed the variety of work in an int law firm as opposed to the repetitive work in-house? Thanks in advance :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hello @Jessica Booker , I d like to ask when answering why commercial law, is it fine to contrast work experience in law firm and also in-house? for example to say I enjoyed the variety of work in an int law firm as opposed to the repetitive work in-house? Thanks in advance :)
    I think you'll need to tread carefully with that specifically, as typically in-house work you are generally doing a broader range of work (you would have more variety in the types of legal work you do) but you'd only be doing it for one client. So you would need to focus your answer on why the variety (e.g. working with different clients on the same practice area) appeals to you.

Reactions: Momo

ssolicitorz

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 3, 2021
    I've been asked to complete my written task again for Freshfields because there were technical difficulties in receiving it.

Seems odd because after submitting it, I received a confirmation from the website that they had received my submitted document.

Has anyone had the same issue?

Reactions: Cryingtiger

Ald

Sep 29, 2022
    I've been asked to complete my written task again for Freshfields because there were technical difficulties in receiving it.

Seems odd because after submitting it, I received a confirmation from the website that they had received my submitted document.

Yep !!! I had to do this

Does anyone know when we will find out the outcome of the final partner interview for Bristows? I interviewed on Tuesday and I can’t recall them mentioning when we can expect to hear from them!

futureTS2025hopeful

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 23, 2020

Have you done your AC already?

I just did the exercise recently as well and wondering whether I'll be asked to repeat it as well..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.