TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

traineesolicitor123

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 16, 2022
    Hey, thanks for replying! Mine still says 'in progress' even though I've submitted the questionnaire, but since it seems like a common problem it should be alright I hope!
    Yes, mine also says "in progress" on the portal currently. But I got a pop-up after submitting the Rare Questionnaire saying that the Application was complete. Did you get the same?

DimpledHopper

Star Member
    Sep 20, 2021
    Ah okay! If you don't mind sharing, do you know what the AC date slots look like? I'm considering making an application next week and was wondering if its too late
    No worries! I only saw their invite 2 hours after they sent it and when I went to book a time the only slot available was 10 Jan... I'm fairly certain all the later slots were booked up but I wouldn't take that as all the AC slots being filled because the direct TC deadline isn't until 31 Jan. I'm pretty sure they'll open up AC dates as they get more applications in so I'd still apply if I were you!

Reactions: futuretrainee202X

futuretrainee202X

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2022
    No worries! I only saw their invite 2 hours after they sent it and when I went to book a time the only slot available was 10 Jan... I'm fairly certain all the later slots were booked up but I wouldn't take that as all the AC slots being filled because the direct TC deadline isn't until 31 Jan. I'm pretty sure they'll open up AC dates as they get more applications in so I'd still apply if I were you!
    Thanks so much! Very helpful :) I'll go ahead and apply then!

• Love
    Reactions: DimpledHopper

Momo

Esteemed Member
    Nov 21, 2022
    Hi, I would like to ask how much work experience is generally required before a law firm will consider a candidate for a direct TC? Is 1 year and a half considered to be sufficient? Would like to hear insights from @Jessica Booker as well. Thanks in advance :) I appreciate it.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi, I would like to ask how much work experience is generally required before a law firm will consider a candidate for a direct TC? Is 1 year and a half considered to be sufficient? Would like to hear insights from @Jessica Booker as well. Thanks in advance :) I appreciate it.
    You don’t need a year and a half - a lot of people will only have a matter of months combined through part time jobs, internships etc.

• 🤝
    Reactions: AvniD and Momo

Rina

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 14, 2021
    Anyone have any idea (perhaps from applying in the past) what radio silence from Allen overy direct TC means?

I passed SJT early December
    I had a similar wait and checked my portal earlier this afternoon to find I had been rejected 3 days ago. The rejection email came through literally a minute after I had checked. Not to say it will be the same result for you but that was my experience :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: rose888 and gw9
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.