TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
Why would you not be eligible?
I'm non-law, and I have not completed the PGDL or SQE yet due to a combination of financial and personal reasons. If I were to get an offer via direct TC in August/September, would this not be too late to start in 2025? As I cannot commit to completing the PGDL without financial help. I hope that makes sense.

hopefulfuturetrainee24

Jan 17, 2023
I'm non-law, and I have not completed the PGDL or SQE yet due to a combination of financial and personal reasons. If I were to get an offer via direct TC in August/September, would this not be too late to start in 2025? As I cannot commit to completing the PGDL without financial help. I hope that makes sense.
As long as you are in your final year of the degree it’s fine

IT7

Esteemed Member
  • Jun 23, 2021
    Has anyone who applied on the Freshfields deadline receive a WG invite? And if they send invites in batches, is there any pattern they follow to decide batches? (eg: later applications get earlier invites?)

Carli K

Oct 18, 2022
    From my experience most PGDL programmes start at the beginning of October so you should be fine!

studrny36

Standard Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 16, 2020
    @Jessica Booker

I was wondering whether it would be ok to do the Baker McKenzie forage internship that's from the Australian wing of the firm, and put that in the work experience section of my form? Would it be viewed as odd if I did that given I'm applying for the London office? Thanks.

Reactions: newtothis

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    @Jessica Booker

I was wondering whether it would be ok to do the Baker McKenzie forage internship that's from the Australian wing of the firm, and put that in the work experience section of my form? Would it be viewed as odd if I did that given I'm applying for the London office? Thanks.
    Forage state these programmes shouldn’t be listed as work experience (although some people actually do list them as so), but there is no problem completing the programme even if it is for the Australian office.

Amelia23

Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 14, 2022
    Has anyone who applied on the Freshfields deadline receive a WG invite? And if they send invites in batches, is there any pattern they follow to decide batches? (eg: later applications get earlier invites?)
    I applied quite early (December 20th) and received the WG invite yesterday, so maybe they could be working through applications chronologically? Not entirely sure though, sorry!

Reactions: IT7
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.