TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

maple leaves

Premium Member
Jan 6, 2023
@Jessica Booker
Hi Jessica, I am in the process of applying for TCs. I would be grateful if you could advise on whether it would harm my application(s) if I apply for TCs at the same firm in two different locations, i.e., submitting applications for firm A's TCs in both London and Hong Kong/Singapore. Would the recruitment team know if I have pending TC applications in other locations?

Thank you for your help in advance!

thelastshah

Premium Member
Oct 7, 2022
Hi, congrats on the AC!

I applied on 29 Sept, did the WG on 24 Oct, did the AC on 10 Jan and then got the offer on 11 Jan.

I don't know the exact % split between trainees taken from VS and direct TC. However, on their open day GR said they take most of their trainees from their VS and only "top up" through direct TC applications. If anything, you have a higher chance of securing a TC through their VS so I wouldn't worry! Good luck on your AC :D

Edit: re "topping up", I'll be joining the 2024 intake, not 2025.
Congrats on the TC! Do you mind sharing how the AC went? I know they've been adjusting the actual assessment day year to year. More specifically, im wondering how much the partner interview revolves around the case study.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker
Hi Jessica, I am in the process of applying for TCs. I would be grateful if you could advise on whether it would harm my application(s) if I apply for TCs at the same firm in two different locations, i.e., submitting applications for firm A's TCs in both London and Hong Kong/Singapore. Would the recruitment team know if I have pending TC applications in other locations?

Thank you for your help in advance!
It depends if they use the same application software or not. If they do, they’ll be able to see the various applications. If they use seperate systems they won’t know at all.

Even if it is the same system, it isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Some firms will say you can only proceed with one application, some will let you proceed with both, and others may just look at your profile and think which opportunity fits your profile more.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Looking to apply for direct TCs at American firms in London - does anyone know any with rolling deadlines which are currently taking applications?

Given their smaller intakes, I would expect most won’t reopen until the summer rather than having a long application window and rolling recruitment.

• 🤝
Reactions: Estupiña Colada
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.