TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irosski

Standard Member
Apr 3, 2023
Hi everyone, I desperately need advice. I had to do the timed written case study for Lewis Silkin today and I sent the email with my answer to the firm on time, but I only saw 10 minutes later that it hadn't sent. I had to spend a while figuring out how to get it to send but I eventually managed to solve the issue by sending from another email account as it seems protonmail is blocked. I sent over screenshots with the email to prove that I had been having technical problems. It's been the full working day and I haven't received any response or confirmation that my email was received. How should I follow this up? Should I email again tomorrow? Should I call? Or should I wait longer?
Sorry to hear this but surely they'll sympathise! Have you done the VI yet and have any tips? No clue to what expect...

Ghassen

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 24, 2022
I did my VI for Dentons direct TC (Dubai office) two months ago. I know that they running the same process for London office as well.
Does anyone have been invited for an AC or get a rejection ?
Thanks.

O

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 27, 2019
I did my VI for Dentons direct TC (Dubai office) two months ago. I know that they running the same process for London office as well.
Does anyone have been invited for an AC or get a rejection ?
Thanks.
They havent held any ACs for the London route as far as I am aware. Btw did your route include their new test or was it a WG?

Humanoidlawyer

Dec 1, 2022
Guys, require some advice. Received the mail from BM re: the WG. It says, "If you wish to receive an adjusted version of this assessment due to a disability or a health condition..." Now I have come across several applications which provide this option but I'm never really sure if I can take it. I am neurodivergent, but only recently diagnosed so never had any adjustments made ever before. But I think this can help me. Should I mail them asking for an adjustment, and is it ok to do so whenever there is a provision like this in applications?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I'm applying to a firm for a direct TC - they specifically say that they'll only consider apps from people who couldn't have made their VS. In my cover letter, do I need to address why I couldn't have attended their VS? @Jessica Booker any thoughts would be great :)
I personally would include this for clarity - but I would just keep the reference very brief/to the point.

• ℹ️
Reactions: HopefulFutureTrainee123
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.