TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

mome101

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 30, 2021
    Guys, require some advice. Received the mail from BM re: the WG. It says, "If you wish to receive an adjusted version of this assessment due to a disability or a health condition..." Now I have come across several applications which provide this option but I'm never really sure if I can take it. I am neurodivergent, but only recently diagnosed so never had any adjustments made ever before. But I think this can help me. Should I mail them asking for an adjustment, and is it ok to do so whenever there is a provision like this in applications?
    Yes, definitely. I have ADHD and I don't think asking for reasonable adjustments will hamper your chances. Remember that this is not about getting an unfair advantage but having an equal playing field. You can search up some of the normal adjustments given for your neurodivergence, such as extra time, different format, etc., and then email the grad rec about that. I emailed Baker and they immediately responded with the adjustments that were suitable for me. Hope this helps.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Is it advisable to mention the same commercial story when applying to different law firms considering they have strengths in similar practice areas? @Jessica Booker
    You can mention the same story if you think it is equally as relevant to the different firms - I don't see the harm in repeating it as the firms wouldn't know you have said it to other firms (whether in an application or interview).

However, I would encourage people to not be over-reliant on one story. Even in one interview, you could easily be asked about multiple stories/subjects, and so I think it is worthwhile having a few to hand, particularly over the course of a recruitment cycle across multiple firms.

• Love
    Reactions: ADKM

ADKM

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 2, 2022
    You can mention the same story if you think it is equally as relevant to the different firms - I don't see the harm in repeating it as the firms wouldn't know you have said it to other firms (whether in an application or interview).

However, I would encourage people to not be over-reliant on one story. Even in one interview, you could easily be asked about multiple stories/subjects, and so I think it is worthwhile having a few to hand, particularly over the course of a recruitment cycle across multiple firms.
    Thank you, Jessica!

Humanoidlawyer

Dec 1, 2022
    Yes, definitely. I have ADHD and I don't think asking for reasonable adjustments will hamper your chances. Remember that this is not about getting an unfair advantage but having an equal playing field. You can search up some of the normal adjustments given for your neurodivergence, such as extra time, different format, etc., and then email the grad rec about that. I emailed Baker and they immediately responded with the adjustments that were suitable for me. Hope this helps.
    Thanks a bunch!

aphelion

Apr 4, 2023
    Sorry to hear this but surely they'll sympathise! Have you done the VI yet and have any tips? No clue to what expect...
    I've been putting it off because I hate pre-recorded interviews lmfaoooo - I'll probably do it Sunday. I read some older comments from people who said you can't really prepare for it but there's no guarantee they haven't changed the questions since then. Still, I'm betting they'll ask really wildcard questions rather than the more standard ones.

Ghassen

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 24, 2022
    They havent held any ACs for the London route as far as I am aware. Btw did your route include their new test or was it a WG?
    Thanks for sharing this. It was the Legal High Potential Assessment + Video interview.
    I am not sure if this is the new test or not, but definitely, there's no WG test.

O

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 27, 2019
    Thanks for sharing this. It was the Legal High Potential Assessment + Video interview.
    I am not sure if this is the new test or not, but definitely, there's no WG test.
    Thanks for letting me know. How did you find the test and what does it consist of (apologies if the email contains instructions, but they have not invited anyone to it yet for London TC)? I applied last year and reached TI stage and the preceding step was just a WG. Curious to hear your input.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.