Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019

Samir_O

Legendary Member
Oct 5, 2021
Final interview for Mayer Brown tc - any tips/insight on what it entails and how to prepare?

Any comments or tips on mayer brown interviews in general would also be really appreciated!!

Last edited:

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    For the bit in Why You in a cover letter or in Freshfields Personal Statement is it necessary to add a bit about how this skill is important to trainee or is that not necessary.

laurabeaumont

Valued Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    May 30, 2023
    Considering the Slaughter and May cover letter should only be one page long, how much emphasis would one put on a deal?
    Say in relation to the vodafone and 3 merger?
    If the deal is used in relation to 'why this firm' or 'why law', then no more than two sentences up to one-half of a paragraph detailing the deal is my suggestion! Most of that paragraph will want to be devoted to your motivations :)

laurabeaumont

Valued Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    May 30, 2023
    Honestly! I cannot understand the way Law firms recruit for paralegal positions. Recruitment agencies are involved and they rarely post on their career website. Also I have been rejected lately for a paralegal position in a Law Firm where I did a vacation scheme lately (in the same department required). If offered a TC, they said I can get a paralegal position, while waiting for the training contract. So it is very confusing for me as well.

Hi! You can sign up for email alerts for various agencies - Larbey Evans and Ryder Reid. They are usually not very good at updating their website, but I used to find I got an email about once or twice every week with a new position!

@zizszhplum
    @Ghassen

Reactions: Jaysen
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.