TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019
Should I assume PFO from BCLP direct TC considering others have been invited to video interview and AC stage?
I've seen only two people on the forum who have heard back. Someone here was also mentioning how we'll hear back at the end of July/August. I guess we've got to give them more time. Fingers crossed.

cwhite233

Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 26, 2020
Hi all, I've just been invited to Wedlake Bell's first round TC interview. I can't seem to find much about this firm's interview process in the forum, and if anyone has any experience or tips for this in terms of what to expect, please do let me know! It's my first time getting past the application stage in a non VI format, so any advice would be much appreciated :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
If a firm has a 200 word count for why this firm is it okay to focus on 1 point and go into more detail than doing 2 points. Would that be okay.
I’d try to aim for two points rather than one if you can. I don’t think you need to go into huge detail for each point.

Reactions: Asil Ahmad

wz_13

Distinguished Member
Jan 3, 2023
for the farrer's tc app, sqe questions dont have word limits - is there a number I should keep in mind for these questions?
Also, the app questions covers several things like legal work exposure, time spend outside work positions of responsibilities, what makes them stand out and challenges experienced. There is also a cover letter, so what do i put in it if the app questions essentially cover everything😭. ->>any help at all would be appreciated greatly

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thank you very much for this. I just feel writing 2 points for 200 words will not be strong enough.
100 words per point is quite a lot (roughly 3-4 sentences). I am sure this should be sufficient, but if you want to go for one main point that is fine, especially if you feel you can leverage other evidence elsewhere that would showcase your motivations.

Reactions: Asil Ahmad

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
for the farrer's tc app, sqe questions dont have word limits - is there a number I should keep in mind for these questions?
Also, the app questions covers several things like legal work exposure, time spend outside work positions of responsibilities, what makes them stand out and challenges experienced. There is also a cover letter, so what do i put in it if the app questions essentially cover everything😭. ->>any help at all would be appreciated greatly
What specifically are the SQE questions?

Sounds like the cover letter should be more motivational based. Are you being asked about why the firm in the application?

littlecat

Jan 15, 2021
I have an interview at Simkins - they said I didn't need to prep anything and we would just go through my application, but does anyone have any previous experience with them and tips on things likely to come up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.