TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghassen

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 24, 2022
Hi all !
Have anyone pass the application form stage at NRF without an AAB ? (I have mitigating circumstances and very good legal experience)
Does it worth to apply ?
Thanks.

laurabeaumont

Valued Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
May 30, 2023
Congrats! I interviewed with them last year so I might be able to give you some advice.

I’d say right of the bat, make sure you answers are detailed. They really appreciate that - don’t answer your questions (especially motivational questions) the same way you would in a 2 min video interview. They want you to expand.

I was asked 1 commercial awareness question so I assume you will too. Again, go into detail, and expand on your answer as much as possible.

The interview was a really good experience though, they really try to reassure you and it wasn’t at all as scary as I thought it would be.

Make sure you are well read on the happenings in the firm/elements that set the firm apart (which add to your motivation to join the firm) - it will be very obvious if you haven’t done a good amount of research on the firm - as the questions tend to link back to this!

Definitely do some reading into the different practice areas/which ones you are interested in/why they interest you/ and what sets BCLPs training contract offerings apart from competitors!

GOOD LUCK!!!!
Such great advice @Blue1789 !!! Good luck @bella98 you will smash it :))

Zi48

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2022
Does anyone have a list of firms which take a fair number via direct TC? I am beginning to think that vac schemes aren't for me.

RANDOTRON

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 11, 2021
    Hi @SR99 @robmaxtwist, congrats to you both on getting a TC interview! 🥳

I personally haven't applied for Withers before so I won't be able to comment on the interview structure or what to expect. However, I did find this in the Interview Experience thread, which you may find useful. Just to note, the interviews were for vacation schemes, but I suspect a TC interview will cover the same bases.

Best of luck to you both – I'm sure you smash it! 👊

Last edited:

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    • 🤝
    Reactions: Zi48
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.