TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

hannah04

Legendary Member
Jan 9, 2023
I have just noticed a repeated sentence in one of the applications i had written. It is not a typo but reads really clunky and is a repeated phrase one sentence later. would this be enough for the application to be rejected?? gutted as i spent ages on this one :((
What do you mean by "repeated sentence"? Do you mean like you accidentally copy and pasted one of your sentences, or do you mean you used the same phrase twice in the same paragraph?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I have just noticed a repeated sentence in one of the applications i had written. It is not a typo but reads really clunky and is a repeated phrase one sentence later. would this be enough for the application to be rejected?? gutted as i spent ages on this one :((
It will be considered a proof reading error - if there are other errors then collectively that might be enough for the firm to say no but it really depends on what the other errors might be and also the strength of the rest of your form.

Reactions: laurabeaumont

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Early March 2023
Are you sure you can reapply? I would check the firm’s eligibility criteria first given you are reapplying in the same cycle.

I think it is challenging to try and demonstrate change/development in 3-4 months. If you are able to reapply, then it’s really about showing what you have done since the scheme that would show development in the areas the feedback highlighted.

Reactions: laurabeaumont

pranjal15

Jul 6, 2023
Hi all! New member of the TCLA community here. I submitted a direct TC application to Slaughter & May last week. I was wondering if there’s a rough timeline by which one can expect to hear back out an interview or rejection. Most firms have a rough timeline available so I’m curious why Slaughter doesn’t. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.