TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

bibss

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2020
Anyone had a positive response from SullCrom? I have only seen rejections so far, but would love to know if someone has progressed to the next stage (which I think it's an interview?)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
heya guys does anyone know when the next cycle for training contracts open? Just so I can prepare in advance 😅
Typically once term has started - so late September/early October.

Some firms will have shorter windows too - so might only be November to January and then open again June-July.

No set pattern though unfortunately!

Reactions: EliteWhovian

davinap99

Standard Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 29, 2023
I have a question. Can I secure a London TC and still live at home, and just stay in a hotel for the three days I have to be in the office?

Booking hotel for three nights and train costs will still be a lot cheaper than renting - and I could actually stay in central London. I have been applying region, but I can't seem to get the idea out of my head.

Also, to add to Jess’ point, some teams within a law firm may have different requirements for how often you need to be in. For example, at my TC law firm, there’s no mandatory rule for how many times trainees need to be in every week. However, some departments require trainees to be in 5 days a week, whereas others allow trainees to work from home on some days.

NJS

Legendary Member
  • Aug 21, 2021
    Question on developing commercial awareness, do you guys think its better to place emphasis on developing knowledge around commercial principles first, instead of just trying to drown myself in actual news, feel like that way I would actual be able to become comercially minded, instead of just knowing stories that come and go? Any recommendations for resources for this, I have Jake Shoggers handbook and Stoakes book. Any thoughts are appreciated xx

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.