TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelLawyer_21

Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 2, 2021
Does anyone know what is going on with RPC? I saw that apparently they have filled all the TC spots with vac schemers. However, their website implies that they recruit from direct applicants as well. Plus, it seems a bit weird that some have received PFOs while others haven't if all the positions have been filled. I tried emailing them last week but they haven't replied. So much for getting to applicants "shortly after the deadline" smh
Did they ever respond to your email? I spoke to GR at the end of July and they said they'll get back to candidates 'soon' 😔

ComplianceChange

Legendary Member
May 16, 2019
im so stuck on how to improve my WG, its so annoying when that's a pitfall for my application ahaha, im using jobtestprep atm but idk how else to really improve
Hi,

Try this book, helped me and I've heard plenty of good things.

Critical Thinking Tests: Understanding Critical Thinking Skills, And How To Pass Critical Thinking Tests: Understanding Critical Thinking Skills and Passing Critical Thinking Tests https://amzn.eu/d/cQORy6I

hannah04

Legendary Member
Jan 9, 2023
In an AC interview, if you want to integrate a deal the firm has worked on in your answer, would it be bad if the deal was a few years ago but was one of the biggest deals that the firm has done and is very relevant to your answer? (This would be a question like about practice areas you're interested in, not a question that specifically asks about a "recent deal thats captured your interest").

Reactions: Kodak123

al2020

Premium Member
Forum Winner
Jul 5, 2020
In an AC interview, if you want to integrate a deal the firm has worked on in your answer, would it be bad if the deal was a few years ago but was one of the biggest deals that the firm has done and is very relevant to your answer? (This would be a question like about practice areas you're interested in, not a question that specifically asks about a "recent deal thats captured your interest").
As a general rule, it's always better to reference recent deals because it's more reflective of the firm now (e.g., past deals may involve partners that are no longer at the firm, or clients the firm no longer serves). However, if the deal is the best example highlighting a practice area you're interested in, and you can demonstrate exactly why you chose that specific deal, then quoting a transaction completed a few years ago should be fine.

Reactions: hannah04

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Addleshaw TC offer!!!

Massive thank you to everyone on the TCLA - especially all the admins. I really didn’t think I had it in me after a few failed cycles. Feeling super grateful 🥹
Amazing news - congratulations!

Taylor Swift Applause GIF by MOODMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.