TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

labrador

• Jun 27, 2023
    Hi does anyone know if ULAW provide textbooks for the PGDL? or do you have to order them?

Also, when do you choose the optional modules for the PGDL? I'm about to start in September online and I haven't been asked about any optional modules yet! I want to make sure I choose some that are more compatible with corporate law!

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Hi does anyone know if ULAW provide textbooks for the PGDL? or do you have to order them?

Also, when do you choose the optional modules for the PGDL? I'm about to start in September online and I haven't been asked about any optional modules yet! I want to make sure I choose some that are more compatible with corporate law!
    From my knowledge, PGDL does not have optional modules. The electives are only available during the LPC, the PGDL is a very fast introduction to law.

sxw517

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    Do W&C send video interview invites in batches, or should I just wait for the 'After careful consideration, we regret to inform you that...'

P.S. I applied on their deadline. So, thinking that those who have already had PFOs may have applied earlier?

• Wow
    Reactions: Tintin06

BubbleTeaFan

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2022
    Do W&C send video interview invites in batches, or should I just wait for the 'After careful consideration, we regret to inform you that...'

P.S. I applied on their deadline. So, thinking that those who have already had PFOs may have applied earlier?
    i know of someone who applied early and got a VI; and another person who applied on the deadline and got a pfo yesterday. I don't think they're necessarily going chronologically here

• Love
    Reactions: Tintin06

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Any news post-AC from Freshfields? Did my AC virtually on 14th and heard they get back to people pretty quickly, so will just calmly wait for that PFO.

View attachment 5168
    It is not a rejection until it is a rejection and no news is not bad nor is it good. As grad rec might be waiting for feedback from your interviewer that is why it might be taking ages like your interviewer might be on annual leave as it is the last week of the summer so it is why it is taking longer. Hopefully it is good news for you soon.

lawninja00!

Standard Member
    Aug 3, 2023
    Has anyone done the BPC while applying for training contracts? Can you tell me if firms find it weird if I’m doing the BPC instead of the SQE?

In that case, should I not put in the details of my BPC on my applications?

hannah04

Legendary Member
    Jan 9, 2023
    Any news post-AC from Freshfields? Did my AC virtually on 14th and heard they get back to people pretty quickly, so will just calmly wait for that PFO.

View attachment 5168
    I am still yet to have my AC, they maybe wait till all of them are done before giving out news? Mine's this upcoming Tuesday (virtual) so you should hopefully be hearing back soon!!🤞

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.