TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

LawGirl2023

Aug 6, 2023
Does anyone know anyone who knows anyone who knows anyone that has got through to Hogan Lovells AC for the direct 2025 TC? I’ve only seen rejections so far so don’t know if they’ve started inviting people to ACs yet

Reactions: Wise66

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
sorry if this is a weird question but did they specifically say that your app didn't make the cut? because 78 on the WG seems like a good score to me (pls correct me if I am wrong).
The issue is the marking system is not consistent.

A 30th percentile for one firm could actually be a better outcome (with a stronger performance) than the 90th percentile for another firm.

Wise66

Standard Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Mar 2, 2023
Does anyone know anyone who knows anyone who knows anyone that has got through to Hogan Lovells AC for the direct 2025 TC? I’ve only seen rejections so far so don’t know if they’ve started inviting people to ACs yet
I am also waiting to hear back from Hogan Lovells as well. I am assuming a PFO for NRF. I have seen so many people get to TI stage and I haven’t hear back.

For Hogan Lovells, If we have just seen rejections and still haven’t heard back, that might be a good sign. I spoke with someone who applied and got the offer in the April intake. They informed me if they take time to get back then, that is a sign they could be sorting out ACs.

Reactions: LawGirl2023

NA27

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 19, 2020
Hi everyone,

I had an AC today (my first one ever) and the interviewers asked me about the firm's competitors, and factors which distinguish others from the market. But they did not explicitly ask me why I wanted to work at the firm...I answered their questions and mentioned some deals which I found interesting but I am concerned that this did not flesh out my motivations to work there enough. The interviewers did not probe further and moved onto competencies - is this a bad sign?

Thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.