Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
While mentioning about a firm's deal should I only focus on the deals done by the office where I'm applying or any deal?
I would recommend focusing on deals at least partly covered by the office you are applying to. If you are using it as justification as to why you want to work at the firm, it can often fall a little flat if lawyers in the office you are applying to haven’t worked on the matter. There are some exceptions if it is framed slightly differently in the way it is written, but it will generally be more persuasive/convincing if you use something English lawyers have worked on.

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
While mentioning about a firm's deal should I only focus on the deals done by the office where I'm applying or any deal?
I agree with Jessica here, citing cases that the English offices have worked on is definitely more convincing. However, in my applications last year I did mention a lot of US deals too, especially when it came to big US law firms who have their most profitable offices in the US. However, when this is the case, the focus should not be on the location itself but on the quality of the deal, the clients they work with and why that type of work is of interest to you and how it relates to your background.

Seven

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
May 15, 2022
Fieldfisher PFO post TI!!

crying and dying in bed. official done applying to firms this cycle.

Good luck to everyone!!
Sorry to hear that but don't give up! You could be one app away from a TC!

But also please do give yourself a well-deserved break this festive season and see how you feel after.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.