• Hey Guest, join Reed Smith’s Rik Palmer on Wednesday 7 October, 6–7pm (UK time) to learn how to succeed at each stage of the firm’s application process. Register for the event.

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

omggggg if I didn't receive the VI for W&C am I cooked? if you received it how many application questions did you answer? I answered them all and used the max word count idk what much more I could have done, plus I've passed SJTs at other (also v competitive) firms :((((
When I applied for the Winter VS, they had sent out 3 batches for the VI. So don't worry, good luck!
 
My updates for 2025-26 (my second cycle applying)

- 48 applications​
- 13 progressed (11 post VI rejections💀; 2 missed VI deadlines)​
- 10 haven't heard back​
- 25 rejections​
- 1 virtual interview (yet to give - please pray for my sanity)​

The sunk-cost fallacy is so high. I have 6 more firms shortlisted, but should I lowkey just give up?
 
Hey guys,

Do you know cases where some firms open their DTC apps again? Should I expect a few more firms to open TC route if they cannot fill all their designed spots? With Reed Smith, today I've also seen Travers Smith is hiring for March 2027 start. I remember contacting Eversheds before and they told me to be on the lookout for London office in case there are empty spots.
 
Is there a specific format to follow for training Contract CVs or does the general CV work?
Hey!

Generally speaking, a standard professional CV format is absolutely fine for training contract applications unless the firm specifies otherwise. I would focus more on keeping it clear, well-structured, and easy to scan for information rather than trying to follow a separate format :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: WeGotThis!
Are you guys going to ask about Stephenson Harwood updates every day? I’m sure once there’s an update someone will post or better you’ll get communication directly from them.They conduct 3 vacation schemes from the research I just did that’s a lot.

It’s a little tiring to see it everyday especially now that I have an account and I get a notification sign with updates. Xx
 

Find member