• Hey Guest, join Reed Smith’s Rik Palmer on Wednesday 7 October, 6–7pm (UK time) to learn how to succeed at each stage of the firm’s application process. Register for the event.

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

My updates for 2025-26 (my second cycle applying)

- 48 applications​
- 13 progressed (11 post VI rejections💀; 2 missed VI deadlines)​
- 10 haven't heard back​
- 25 rejections​
- 1 virtual interview (yet to give - please pray for my sanity)​

The sunk-cost fallacy is so high. I have 6 more firms shortlisted, but should I lowkey just give up?

Please don't give up! The number of firms you were progressed with look right to me. For a strong candidate, I usually expect 1-2 interviews for every 10 applications you submit.

If you do go through the next cycle, I'd focus on the video interviews and get as much practice as possible before the real thing.

Good luck for the virtual interview!
 
I don’t think graduates are eligible for apprenticeships. I believe that the apprenticeship you’re referring to is for people with level 3 qualifications (I.e. no uni degree)
The Civil Service one allows people with previous qualifications as long as they are non law or not achieved recently and qualify you for the graduate apprenticeship. So as I only have a non law degree, I will be learning new material meaning I can do the scheme. I have confirmation from them that I am eligible.
 
If someone has attended an assessment centre at foot Anstey in previous cycles or attended a spring vac scheme with them this cycle, please could you pm me, I’d be super grateful and would be very happy to share insights regarding other firms! :)
 

Find member