TCLA General Discussion Thread #2 (2021)

s.omething

Standard Member
Apr 21, 2021
Has anybody heard back from Dechert following a VI? If so, could you say roughly how long it took for you to hear back? I completely messed up the first question (out of only three questions) so my hopes aren't high, but still would like to be put out of my misery.

GK8997

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 25, 2020
Has anybody heard back from Dechert following a VI? If so, could you say roughly how long it took for you to hear back? I completely messed up the first question (out of only three questions) so my hopes aren't high, but still would like to be put out of my misery.
Took me about 2.5 weeks to hear back? But I know people who heard back at the same time as me but this was a week after they did their VI! Also, I'm sure it went better than you thought, I've mucked up 1 question in VIs that I have got through on so don't lose hope!!

lawnoodle

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
Feb 23, 2021
Hello all!

I've taken on some extra responsibilities at work now. I'm part of an engagement team and, also, I interview candidates/am being trained to interview candidates for the civil service.

Alongside my role in compliance in HMRC, are these worth mentioning in apps or should I focus more on my main role?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello all!

I've taken on some extra responsibilities at work now. I'm part of an engagement team and, also, I interview candidates/am being trained to interview candidates for the civil service.

Alongside my role in compliance in HMRC, are these worth mentioning in apps or should I focus more on my main role?
Yes, they are things to mention on your applications if relevant to the content you are being asked for.

Reactions: FM302989

RoughWood

Star Member
Premium Member
Feb 24, 2021
Has anyone heard back from Bevan Brittan? Or heard anything since the deadline closed?
I think I may send a very respectful/good natured email asking for an update.
I’ll let everyone know if they reply.
I send an email to their grad rec team last week, haven't had a response yet...let us know if you hear back!

• 🤝
Reactions: Hele25

Hele25

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Jan 5, 2021
I send an email to their grad rec team last week, haven't had a response yet...let us know if you hear back!
So odd. I know they must be super super busy, but I sent them an email immediately after the deadline as on their grad rec page they say they accept mitigating circumstances in their applications, but there was no section to add these.
So I asked if I could send them in an additional email. - never heard back from that either. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ We’ll see! Hopefully they reply to us both.