TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anisah1

Feb 10, 2022
Hello!

Anyone here had any experience with Charles Russell Speechlys' first-stage pre-recorded VI? I would strongly appreciate any tips 😀

Feel free to DM me!
Hello!

Anyone here had any experience with Charles Russell Speechlys' first-stage pre-recorded VI? I would strongly appreciate any tips 😀

Feel free to DM me!

Best
Congrats! May I ask when you applied and to which office? I’m still waiting to hear back about the London TC, although I did apply on 30th Jan

SCN

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 20, 2020
Guys, in realistic terms, what’s a good percentile to achieve in a Watson Glaser test?
This one's really hard to say as some firms will have a minimum pass mark which could be quite low like 20th percentile, and others much higher. In addition, some firms might not have a pass/fail system and look at WG scores alongside your application. Also, since some firms benchmark you against different groups, sometimes you could end up scoring 38/40 which puts you in 90th percentile but also 38/40 at other firms could put you at 50th percentile... Very weird! Just do your best, I wouldn't worry about whether your scores are 'good' or 'bad' as so many other factors play a part :)

Rob93

Legendary Member
Dec 29, 2020
Guys, in realistic terms, what’s a good percentile to achieve in a Watson Glaser test?
Jessica has treated this very thoroughly a number of times, but the short answer is - it varies hugely, as the reference group may be highly variable between firms.

Anecdotally, 80th and up is likely to be pretty good, 20th and under is likely to be pretty bad, anything in between really depends massively both on the firm's reference benchmarks and potentially the relative performance of other applicants.

That said I've been in 97th and still rejected, at many firms it isn't a huge factor beyond some kind of de minimis target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.