TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kubed

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    Are there any UK based firms that value maturity and experience?

I’ve only ever got past the initial application stage for US firms and this makes me wonder if I should just stop investing so much in UK firms.
    I've had success at 2 silver circle firms - feel free to message me if you want to discuss further. I'm an early 30s career changer.

sxw517

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    I contacted a firms GR recruitment after booking an AC slot to let them know I couldn't make it as it clashed with one I preferred (obviously I didn't give this reason to the GR rep). They said they would book me in at a later time, to which I thanked them. Much to my dismay, I have received an email tonight stating that I have been withdrawn from the application process!

Any thoughts on how I should approach this?

manchester12

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Feb 18, 2021
    I contacted a firms GR recruitment after booking an AC slot to let them know I couldn't make it as it clashed with one I preferred (obviously I didn't give this reason to the GR rep). They said they would book me in at a later time, to which I thanked them. Much to my dismay, I have received an email tonight stating that I have been withdrawn from the application process!

Any thoughts on how I should approach this?
    That’s strange. Does it say the reason? Has the Ac date you were originally on passed?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.