• Applications for Willkie Farr & Gallagher's vacation schemes close on the 20th December. Apply now!
  • Applications for Shearman & Sterling's vacation schemes are now open! Apply now.
  • Common application pitfalls to avoid over the coming months. Read Now!

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
Mar 29, 2020
Hey - I am sorry to hear that. May I ask when you applied and was this for the winter scheme?

I am sure you will hear good news from your other applications. Best of luck, you got this!! 🙂🙂
As far as I know they are sending out rejections first and it is for winter. Have seen loads of people get rejections and no 1 receive an AC invite yet.

Reactions: ScrappyDoo

Hele25

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 5, 2021
Hey - I am sorry to hear that. May I ask when you applied and was this for the winter scheme?

I am sure you will hear good news from your other applications. Best of luck, you got this!! 🙂🙂
I applied Friday and took the online test that evening. It was for the summer vac scheme.
they said they liked my application but I failed the online test.

• 🤝
Reactions: ScrappyDoo

lila122

Star Member
Premium Member
Jul 29, 2021
Do you mean to acknowledge that you've received the email and to confirm your availability?
Well, I had to select my own time and date on an online portal, so I guess i've already confirmed my availability by doing that. The email from grad recruitment just confirmed the time and date that I had selected so feel it's not worth replying to?

Willkie Farr & Gallagher - Vacation Scheme!
Joining Willkie means joining a law firm with a dynamic growth story - the London office has grown by 91% since 2017. And 2020 marked the firm's first year of trainee recruitment in London. That means the chance to work in small, nimble teams on high-quality matters.

Willkie particularly cares about recruiting the best talent, regardless of your background. The firm does not ask for specific A Level (or equivalent) grades, but you should be on track for (or have achieved) a solid 2.1 or above.

Apply by 20 December 2021