TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chi.c

Feb 11, 2021
omggg I just got the call from Linklaters, I passed the AC for the Singapore-London TC! Partner interviews with the Singapore office next, if anybody could give some tips for this interview (as I've never interviewed with Singapore firms before) I would greatly appreciate it!

So appreciative of TCLA's resources and support as this is the 2nd AC I've passed this cycle and I was really in a rut the past 2 years when I could never get past the final stages.

mome101

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 30, 2021
    Joining the Shearman PFO party like:
    Kacey Musgraves Walking GIF by Paramount+

AP2000

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 22, 2021
    Hey! Did anyone here attend the Future City Lawyers Intro to Private Equity Webinar and would be willing to share their notes or the slides? I was feeling really unwell and couldn't make it.

SCN

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Feb 20, 2020
    If I've accepted a summer vac scheme with firm A already but have an interview tomorrow with firm B with summer vac scheme dates that clash with firm A (the end date for firm A clashes with the start date for firm B), shall I still attend the interview tomorrow or is there no point?

Reactions: aspiringlawyer123_

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    if you panic during a VI, and happen to press stop recording without answering the first question but continue to answer the next 4, how likely is it you’ve been written off the AC list?

…asking for a friend…

😌
    It's hard to determine the likelihood of this- some may treat it more leniently while some may see it unfavourably. It's done now so the best thing to do is to process that you missed the first question and that this may negatively impact your application and try to move forward. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst- wishing you well!

aspiringlawyer123_

Legendary Member
    Dec 11, 2021
    If I've accepted a summer vac scheme with firm A already but have an interview tomorrow with firm B with summer vac scheme dates that clash with firm A (the end date for firm A clashes with the start date for firm B), shall I still attend the interview tomorrow or is there no point?
    It depends if you would rather accept firm B or not - if you will take firm A then probably not. But if you will cancel I would call them tomorrow morning, explaining you only just got the offer, that you understand it’s last minute but that you don’t want to waste their time with an interview.

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    I’ve been placed on a reserve list for a VS- does anyone have any experience of this/ know how likely it is that I’ll get a spot on the scheme? Mixed feelings as it’s not a yes but it’s also not a no!
    Very hard to say as this entirely depends on the firm, its set of successful applicants and how likely they are to take up their place. I would not consider it a rejection but I also would not have high hopes for it to come through. All the best 🤞

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    Would anyone be able to shed some light on the best way to follow up with grad rec on an initial application without sounding needy and desperate! Applied over 2 months ago and haven't heard back since submitting my app and have seen people already being offered ACs - just want to know now, regardless of the outcome...
    I would write a brief email explaining the grad opportunity you applied for, when you applied for it and that you're emailing to check in on the status of your application. End the email by thanking them and letting them know that you look forward to hearing from them. All the best 😇

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.