TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abii

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 1, 2021
You can buy apps which do a “scan” like microsoft lens - a clear photo should be fine! I have never scanned when asked for a scan. Honestly just use microsoft lens!!
If you are an iPhone user you don't even need to buy an app to do this, you can do so with the notes app which comes with the iOS.

APPLE619

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
Bit of a weird one!

I have an AC that asks for 'scanned' copies of various things, including my A Level Certificates (which i have not actually collected). I don't think i am able to collect them myself before the AC, but my mum has offered to and send me photos of them (we dont have a way of scanning them at home) - my question is: are the photos okay, when they ask for scanned copies?

@Jessica Booker any help would be massively appreciated!
Hi! The iphone notes app has a scanning feature. That's what I've always done and it has never brought any issues. I've used it for visa's, passport, unis etc so it should be fine for a firm

• 🏆
Reactions: AvniD and WillF

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Bit of a weird one!

I have an AC that asks for 'scanned' copies of various things, including my A Level Certificates (which i have not actually collected). I don't think i am able to collect them myself before the AC, but my mum has offered to and send me photos of them (we dont have a way of scanning them at home) - my question is: are the photos okay, when they ask for scanned copies?

@Jessica Booker any help would be massively appreciated!
Photos will be perfectly fine if they have said scanned copies.

buerheibai

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2021
also got a Covington VS offer yesterday afternoon :) Does anyone have any insight into what the VS is like or how competitive it is? specifically, what percentage of participants (+ how many) apply for a training contracts and are successful in their applications?
I think in my AC the GR team mentioned they make about 20 offers. If I remember correctly they take about 10 trainees each year?

SK16

• Nov 16, 2021
    Looking for any words of advice, as i'm not sure what to do.

I have been offered a VS for which the deadline to accept is tomorrow. I'm also waiting for the outcome of another AC for my dream firm. The dates clash for these vacation schemes, so in the event I was offered both, I would only be able to accept one. Should I accept the offer for the VS I have now, and then pull out in the case that my dream firm comes back with an offer? Or will I be tied to this VS if I accept it now?

Reactions: George Maxwell

NDLA

Standard Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jun 27, 2021
    Hi @art,

Congratulations for getting progressed to interview for Freshfields.

Getting to this stage with a firm like Freshfields is a huge achievement, so I hope that you have taken stock of how exceptional even getting to interview is 🏆 🏆

To make sure that I am giving you relevant advice, is this for a VS or TC?
    Hi. I've been invited for FF AC next week. It's for TC. Any pointers on how to best prepare would be very much appreciated!! It's my first AC and I'm quite nervous.

emilyrose99

Star Member
    Nov 3, 2018
    Okay. Have you heard back? I applied way in November and still haven't heard anything!

Cooley was non-rolling, so I wouldn’t worry about not having heard yet even if you did apply early.

I think we’re supposed to hear back today if successful? And as @Asil Ahmad mentioned earlier in the thread, Cooley tend to send PFOs the following day, so probably tomorrow.

But as far as I’m aware, no one has heard yet - so wouldn’t worry

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.