TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachel123

Premium Member
Aug 19, 2019
Does anyone know what the Withers first stage interview entails? Is it purely competency / motivation-based, or might there be technical questions? I believe it is with a member of HR and a Partner. Thanks in advance!

Rachel123

Premium Member
Aug 19, 2019
It's indeed after the online tests two weeks ago. But this interview is preceded by other assessments (which can be done on another day).
Hi Scandi, do you know when these other assessments might be? Are they sent only if you are successful in the interview? I received a first interview invite but I can't see any information about further assessments. Thank you!

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    to be clear, i was not expecting anything from linklaters having been unceremoniously rejected post-app for two years now...but I do question the process slightly. I asked for my WG score post-rejection only to learn that it was 99th percentile.

for a recruitment system that places almost all its emphasis on psychometric testing (bar 3 work experience questions), one may think that getting a decent WG score may improve your chances even an iota...

is this an incorrect assumption? I suppose capp assessments would tell me it is...

Back down you go, candidate; you may be able to recognise assumptions, but that's not really how things work is it, old boy
    I think its Capp, grades and then WG, not sure but it's really stupid, I think I did well in both so I like to believe its my grades

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.