TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    to be clear, i was not expecting anything from linklaters having been unceremoniously rejected post-app for two years now...but I do question the process slightly. I asked for my WG score post-rejection only to learn that it was 99th percentile.

for a recruitment system that places almost all its emphasis on psychometric testing (bar 3 work experience questions), one may think that getting a decent WG score may improve your chances even an iota...

is this an incorrect assumption? I suppose capp assessments would tell me it is...

Back down you go, candidate; you may be able to recognise assumptions, but that's not really how things work is it, old boy
    I think its Capp, grades and then WG, not sure but it's really stupid, I think I did well in both so I like to believe its my grades

aspiringlawyer22

Star Member
    Mar 16, 2021
    Linklaters pfo as well. :(
    I haven’t managed to secure a vacation scheme for this year. Is there anything I can do in the summer to get experience? Is it worth emailing some smaller firms for experience or should I do some online virtual experiences?
    I was in the same position last year. I managed to get on two insight programmes, did some online virtual internships and also did an internship in a completely different field (which still offered great professional experience)

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    Hi @George Maxwell, thanks for this response. The link you included sent me to a random page in the vacation scheme discussion, I’m not sure if it’s an issue on my end 😅

My question was if you’ve been in a situation where you were offered a TC after completing a spring VS and had to ask the firm to extend your acceptance deadline to allow you complete a summer VS. If you did, how did you go about asking and was the firm understanding?
    Hey @summer207,

I am so sorry, for some reason I must have included the wrong link. This is the post I was talking about. Does that help at all?

Again apologies for my mistake before! Please let me know if I can help any further :)

• Love
    Reactions: summer207
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.