TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kubed

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    Do the Travers recruitment team really not review all the apps Asil Ahmad? Where did you hear that if you don't mind me asking :)

For what it's worth, there was speculation last year on the forum that they don't review all apps. But that's all it was, speculation - based on the wording of an email the grad rec team had sent out. I'm under the impression that they do review all apps but only send out rejections in bulk at the end, which would make sense given how long they take to get back to people and the fact they don't have assessments to filter people out.

Reactions: Crystal86

Embo

Standard Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 13, 2020
    Does anyone who’s had their in-person interview and presentation with V&E have any tips? I’ve only ever had one interview before and I’m super nervous

LawfulRust00

Legendary Member
  • Dec 20, 2021
    If you make an error in a pre-employment screening form for a VS but swiftly reach out to the provider to rectify this, is this fine ie are providers generally flexible and understanding about this?

The provider is performing the checks on behalf of the firm.

Rob93

Legendary Member
    Dec 29, 2020
    If you make an error in a pre-employment screening form for a VS but swiftly reach out to the provider to rectify this, is this fine ie are providers generally flexible and understanding about this?

This shouldn't be a huge deal - I've had screeners simply be unable to verify things (as an international man of mystery) and they've either dropped or just asked me to sign something attesting that it's true

• ℹ️
    Reactions: LawfulRust00 and Adrian_S

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019

This is not an issue - mistakes happen.

If the mistake is made on your application and the details you send the the reference check company, they will probably want to understand why this mistake was made twice. The severity of the mistake (eg presenting a week’s) work experience as a year’s may cause more problems in these instances though.

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    Guys what do you usually ask to an associate of a firm where you want to apply to? I have the opportunity to have a chat tomorrow.

I don't mean to give you generic advice but I would just chat about something from the naturally flow of the conversation. You can begin by asking them what a typical day looks like for them, what attracted them to the firm, what their biggest challenges of working as a lawyer are, what makes the look forward to working at the firm- the list really is endless- and take it from there. if you have any specific questions that you think an Associate would be best placed to answer, you could go for them too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.