TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winter315

Standard Member
Sep 16, 2021
For the A&O employment/work experience section how much should we write in the responsibilities and skills box? Should this be written in a factual style (like a CV) or more of a persuasive style (like a cover letter). And is it okay if this overlaps with the later question about skills gained from work and extracurriculars? Thanks!

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    I’m just filling the Linklaters form. Am I correct that there’s no work ex sections?
    I think if you get shortlisted after the online tests, they ask you to fill in some work experience details before the AC :) so none at this stage yet

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Thanks, guys. My work ex is 💯 more impressive than my grades (career changer) so this feels a bit doomed 🙊
    Tbh I'm the same, not a career changer but my extra curriculars and work experience far outweigh my grades. I've taken the Links CAPP assessment twice and I'm still not even sure what they look for!

• 🤝
    • Sad
    Reactions: Jaysen, ellwilsen and Veep9

ZaraB

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 13, 2020
    I carved out some time to input my completed application onto the HSF portal today, was met with a message that the portal is undergoing maintenance until 3am... The world wants me to procrastinate 😂

• Haha
    Reactions: Dheepa and S87

A M

Distinguished Member
    Dec 28, 2020
    Is it worth applying for A&O Winter VS or should I apply for a Summer VS, considering they have already started sending out AC invites?
    Does anyone know how many spots they offer in their Vacation Schemes?

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Is it worth applying for A&O Winter VS or should I apply for a Summer VS, considering they have already started sending out AC invites?
    Does anyone know how many spots they offer in their Vacation Schemes?
    I am going for summer as it is late from my opinion as they are rolling.

Reactions: A M

Winter315

Standard Member
    Sep 16, 2021
    Is it wise to apply to the White and Case open day, (hopefully) attend, and then apply for the VS after in late november? I'm not sure whether that would help my application or hinder it, given they accept on a rolling basis. I have limited legal work experience.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.