TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.9

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 1, 2021
    Hey, am I the only one or are White & Case and Sidley Austin taking very long to get back to candidates (Winter)? I am aware, from some TCLA members, that both firms have progressed people to later stages, but has anyone gotten a PFO? It's almost November!
    In my experience with White & Case (in which I have never made it past the first stage), I understand they reject everyone all at once at the end of their ACs so many people don't hear anything for some time.

As for Sidley, I have no idea what their deal is as I've never applied to them before and, like you, have only seen one person on here with an AC and no PFOs - wondering if they operate the same way as W&C in terms of when they reject applicants.

Sorry not to be more hopeful, but this is what I'm thinking!

ltt_12

Star Member
    Oct 21, 2021
    I saw that Clifford Chance have their 2023 and 2024 TC app intakes open right now. As a recent law grad, I am eligible for their 2023 right? would it necessarily make a difference with my chances on which year i should apply for?

PirateShip

Esteemed Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 3, 2021
    I saw that Clifford Chance have their 2023 and 2024 TC app intakes open right now. As a recent law grad, I am eligible for their 2023 right? would it necessarily make a difference with my chances on which year i should apply for?
    This confused me a bit as well, but in one of their seminars they were clear that graduates should apply for the 2023 TC and that the 2024 TC is only for current students.

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    They only mention final or penultimate year students.

tt_xo

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 20, 2020
    DLA Piper WG. Seems odd that they say 'we are unable to review you application until this assessment has been submitted' as I thought they did that before the WG's are sent out.

Reactions: John Travoni

Samir_O

Legendary Member
    Oct 5, 2021
    They only mention final or penultimate year students.
    Actually graduates are eligible to apply for Clifford Chances' 2023 TC
    CC state "To apply to this vacancy you must be eligible to start your Training Contract in 2023. If you are eligible to start your Training Contract in 2024 (typically penultimate year law or final year non-law students) you should apply for our Training Contract 2024 vacancy instead. If you are a first year law student, second year student of a four year law degree or penultimate year non-law student you can apply for SPARK."

It also says "If you have neither completed or in your final year of studying a law degree and you have neither completed or in the process of completing the Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) you should apply for the Training Contract 2024 vacancy instead." This means that if you have completed your law degree then you can apply for their 2023 TC.
    Do people agree with my understanding?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.