TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Morning everyone!

There is a bonus question in Dechert application "If applicable please state any additional information which you think is relevant to your application or which you think has not been covered adequately in this form"

During my research, I discovered that the NY office is working on a big settlement for a pharma despicable company which also deals with their corporate responsibility. My current role also deals with "corporate responsibility", I know that it is always better to refer to the London office but I was wondering if I could mention it anyway.

Thank you for your help

Dwight

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2019
Whenever I save my Travers app to my PC and it transfers to word doc, the structure becomes all messed up - no paragraphs so my answers are just one big text, such as the cover letter. Please tell me I am not the only one!! How do I fix this?

hf77777

Dec 1, 2021
Hey!

Congratulations on passing the Watson Glaser Test.

From what I know, the people that received emails saying "Your profile is of interest..." are people who haven't yet been invited to do the Watson Glaser Test. Therefore, they're one step before you as you've already passed the test and your application is under review.

I guess the only thing to worry now is whether you get invited to AC (along with all the other candidates who passed the WG Test).

Hope this helps!
Oh Ok! Thank you so much! :)

hf77777

Dec 1, 2021
Hiya, I think the people who received emails like "your profile is of interest" and other communications are those who applied to the 2023 direct TC - not IGNITE. So, for 2023 TC, CC reviews the apps first and then sends WG if successful. If you've applied to 2024 TC or any other TC/scheme (like IGNITE or SPARK) then I'm guessing it's their standard procedure, which is to do WG first and if you pass, then your app is reviewed. Very confusing this year !! but congratulations on passing WG and all the best of luck with your app :)
Thank you so much! :)

WillF

Star Member
Jul 31, 2021
Hi everyone,

Bit of a weird one, but in the Linklaters application when filling out university modules nothing comes up in the drop down for module names (even for common ones e.g. common law) - is anyone else having this issue? They do give the option to provide details for modules/grades etc below, but literally none of my modules are coming in the drop down. Shall i just include all module details in the extra info box that they provide for modules that arent included? Thanks!

elizabeth_98

Distinguished Member
Oct 13, 2020
Hi everyone,

Bit of a weird one, but in the Linklaters application when filling out university modules nothing comes up in the drop down for module names (even for common ones e.g. common law) - is anyone else having this issue? They do give the option to provide details for modules/grades etc below, but literally none of my modules are coming in the drop down. Shall i just include all module details in the extra info box that they provide for modules that arent included? Thanks!
I was the exact same, none of my modules came up so I just typed them all into the box below

Reactions: WillF

Hamilton

Star Member
M&A Bootcamp
Oct 8, 2018
Could anyone who has done the CMS video interview please shed some light on how many questions there are, how much time there is to prepare and answer, and what styles of questions are asked (competency, situational, or motivational)? I have been struggling to find any up to date info. Thanks everyone!

APPLE619

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
Hi all! Hope you are well. I recently applied to Mayer Brown and got an invite for their 'Mayer Brown Trainee Simulation' which involves 'multiple-choice, written and video interview questions based on various scenarios and tasks a Mayer Brown trainee will come across during their training contract'. I was wondering whether anybody had any advice on this or some general guidelines as to what I can expect? I've been trying to find information online but it seems this recruitment structure from Mayer Brown is fairly recent so it's hard to find good advice. Thanks!

skmx

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Could anyone who has done the CMS video interview please shed some light on how many questions there are, how much time there is to prepare and answer, and what styles of questions are asked (competency, situational, or motivational)? I have been struggling to find any up to date info. Thanks everyone!
4 questions - 60 seconds to prep and 60 to answer. You manually move onto the next question though so you can have a 5 min break in between.
For question prep, always why cms/general competency and situational (imagine you were a trainee and your colleague did xyz”
:)

Last edited:
  • 🏆
  • ℹ️
Reactions: Lawbour, OB and em311
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.