TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob93

Legendary Member
Dec 29, 2020
Thanks so much for the info. Do you know if you automatically get sent the tests after you submit the application (i.e. they form part of the application)? Or do you only get sent the tests after progressing through to the next round?
I think the application is a soft screen for minimum grades, but most people seem to get the test. Ultimately the test is the main assessment given that the app just has an activities Q. Can be a bit of a delay , I think it took about a week for them to send it after I applied.

AAA_a

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 14, 2019
I completed the job stimulation for Mayer Brown before the deadline but on the portal it now says "deadline passed" instead of "finished." (whereas the earlier SST and VRT says "finished") Should I email the firm to confirm they have received my job stimulation results?

Reactions: GXA123

Anoned

Distinguished Member
Nov 1, 2021
I completed the job stimulation for Mayer Brown before the deadline but on the portal it now says "deadline passed" instead of "finished." (whereas the earlier SST and VRT says "finished") Should I email the firm to confirm they have received my job stimulation results?
I think this has happened to most people (including me and a couple of my mates). I wouldn't worry to be honest, I'm sure the firm will be aware of this and it won't be an issue.

Reactions: AAA_a

Dwight

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2019
'Under review' means that you met the benchmark and passed the test, I think?
(That's what it was like last year)

I received the report in my rejection e-mail, it said something along the lines of 'if you wish to generate feedback report...click here'.
My application portal says 'under review', but I did not receive an email saying that or that I passed the test. I did, however, receive a test feedback report. Does that ('under review') mean that I passed the test and they are reviewing my app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.