TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vader

Dec 19, 2021
For the work experience section of an application, I'm wondering about end-dates. I started working part-time during the summer at an events place (started in June) but stopped at the end of September when first term started (I needed to move back up north for uni). Now I've moved back home for Christmas and pick up a few shifts at the same place. I'm worried about leaving the end date blank because it might give the impression I worked there during first term, but putting the end date as September might be seen as deceptive since I'm picking up some shifts there now? I'm not sure what I should do. @Jessica Booker

Last edited:
Reactions: rose888

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Forum Team
Junior Lawyer 11
Oct 12, 2021
Did anyone else receive an email from white & case saying that their application is still under consideration and you will be notified of your outcome in january? I'm confused because I'm pretty sure I've applied for the winter VS and that's finished by now?
Did you list spring or summer as a second choice? They may have not had space to consider you for winter so are rolling you over to spring/summer

Reactions: layk and AvniD

Law2022

Legendary Member
May 3, 2020
Just as expected, A&O direct TC PFO 😭Getting rejections left, right and centre ☹️☹️☹️☹️ So disappointing that I am never able to make it to an interview ☹️
You will get there, I promise. With every application you’re approving and it will all pay off I’m sure. Your time will come ❤️

Law2021vacschemer

Valued Member
Dec 7, 2021
Does anyone know how long after sending the initial WG invite email Bakers send the actual link to the test? I got an invite yesterday and it said details would be sent in a few days but I’m wondering if anyone could let me know how long it took for them to receive these details?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.