TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commerciallaw

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 30, 2021
    Hi all, quick question - how long should the "Why x firm" be in an AC? (in terms of minutes for a 35 min competency interview)

Also, would you discuss a case in that answer or not - I mentioned a case in my application - and the interviewer has my application with them, so they could ask me if they wanted ....but because I already mentioned it in the application and discussed why I am interested in it, I do not really want to repeat it again....

Any advice would be very much appreciated

jennifer

Esteemed Member
    Oct 4, 2020
    good luck! if you don't mind me asking, do you mind sharing

1. when you applied
    2. when did they contact you for your TI
    3. how much did you have to prepare for your TI from the day they notified you to the day of your TI

thank you and ALL THE BEST!!
    applied mid nov, got notified yesterday at 8ish pm through email and doing it tmr morning!

Reactions: mome101

awd1998

Star Member
    Jan 7, 2022
    Anyone who applied to TLT, did you fill in your user 'profile'? It's not part of the actual application but has a space to put your work experience etc - not sure if we're expected to fill it out!
    I uploaded my CV too it as wasn't sure they where actually gonna consider my user profile so rather then waste time inputting all my work experience if they don't consider it as I thought if they want to look at it they can look at it on my CV.

User274302

Star Member
    Sep 12, 2021
    @Jessica Booker what is your opinion on including formative grades in our applications alongside our summative grades if we make it clear that they are formatives? I have scored some high results in my exams this year (better than last year) and I think they give a better picture of where I stand currently as a candidate. Of course, I could also make it clear that I am happy to provide evidence of these if asked.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    @Jessica Booker what is your opinion on including formative grades in our applications alongside our summative grades if we make it clear that they are formatives? I have scored some high results in my exams this year (better than last year) and I think they give a better picture of where I stand currently as a candidate. Of course, I could also make it clear that I am happy to provide evidence of these if asked.
    Are you studying at a university where your not formally assessed until your final year?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.