TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

app03

Star Member
Premium Member
  • Jun 2, 2022
    Just received an email for EY's vac scheme saying this:

'Unfortunately we don’t have a role for you at the moment and, with regret, we need to withdraw your application. However, we’ve spent a lot of time reviewing your application and you do have positive results so far. We would like to keep your application, and if anything changes we will invite you to resume your application from where you left off.'

But the portal doesn't show it was withdrawn?
    I got the same email..the portal just shows the next stage for me? Im so confused

Phoebe123451

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 19, 2022
    I think I actually want to cry, just finished Mishcon's VI and it was the most terrible thing I had ever done in my life. Considering that it's my dream firm, I just can't believe that it took 3 minutes to destroy any chance of success 😭 Please pray for me guys like I honestly can't. I'm just feeling so down
    Hi!! I know exactly how you feel - I absolutely bombed my a VI the other day; I misread the question and only realised when the preparation timer counted down to zero, so I made it up on the spot!! I'm feeling super gutted but finger's crossed for both of us!!

N_16

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 11, 2022
    had anyone heard back from willkie post VI + test, dechert post VI + test, baker mckenzie post vi, or reed smith post vi yet? (all for vac schemes)
    Willkie said that it would take 15 days to assess all the written tests from the date of the last written one (which was today), so I expect we will hear back after two weeks! The written exercises are also marked by two people, so this will probably take a while.

confusedlawstudent

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 28, 2021
    Anyone have tips for not overanalysing an AC? I just had one today but keep going over it in my head and thinking about how I’d answer questions differently 😭
    I've been doing the exact same thing. I had an AC yesterday (Tuesday) and i feel like it went so badly. Can't stop thinking about it and I'm all sad, but got another AC tomorrow so have to do it all over again 😣

j.s.cox

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 29, 2022
    Hi all! I'm in the process of making a table of each firm's recruitment process. I'd love if people could share their knowledge on the recruitment processes they are familiar with and let me know if I have any incorrect information in the table (hoping this can be useful to future aspiring solicitors).

Attachments

• Law Firm Recruitment Process.xlsx
      23.5 KB · Views: 190

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Is it ok to stutter a bit in a video interview? feeling anxious as definitely paused and stuttered in mine. is this a definite rejection?
    Yes, it is fine if you are occasionally stumbling over your words. I don't think that alone will lead to a definite rejection.

thelastshah

Premium Member
    Oct 7, 2022
    I received an email from Slaughter saying they had not decided on my application yet, and I informed them I had upcoming interviews and secured a VS offer. They replied, asking if I could let them know which specific firm gave me the offer. Why are they so keen on the specifics?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.