TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalia66

Star Member
Mar 30, 2022
Anyone know if it's a bad sign if an interviewer isn't taking notes? I did a Sidley interview and he was asking me technical questions about an article and wasn't writing anything lol maybe I'm overthinking

Ghassen

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 24, 2022
I have an upcoming AC with Bakers Mckenzie for Spring VS. The associate interview will be based on my application form. However, I cannot find a way how to read my application in the platform where I submitted the app.
Any help please.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Anyone know if it's a bad sign if an interviewer isn't taking notes? I did a Sidley interview and he was asking me technical questions about an article and wasn't writing anything lol maybe I'm overthinking
No - many interviewers don’t like taking notes during an interview. It’s a very personal choice/decision and is nothing to do with your candidacy.

aspiringlawyerr

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 7, 2022
I haven’t heard anything since I sent off my
CMS app, I sent it the day before deadline however. Shall I assume a incoming PFO?
Hey! I asked graduate recruitment as I thought the WG was automatic and they responded with this:

"The Watson Glaser test is only assigned to those who successfully pass the first screening stage (based on their application form). Your application is still being shortlisted which is why you won't have received this yet.

We will be in touch via email as soon as possible to confirm if your application is progressing to the Watson Glaser stage."

That was 2 weeks ago so I assume we are in the same boat (I applied the day before the deadline as well). I think a PFO is on its way as they are already running ACs :(

Turnthisstupidfatratyellow

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 5, 2021
I sih
Hey! I asked graduate recruitment as I thought the WG was automatic and they responded with this:

"The Watson Glaser test is only assigned to those who successfully pass the first screening stage (based on their application form). Your application is still being shortlisted which is why you won't have received this yet.

We will be in touch via email as soon as possible to confirm if your application is progressing to the Watson Glaser stage."

That was 2 weeks ago so I assume we are in the same boat (I applied the day before the deadline as well). I think a PFO is on its way as they are already running ACs :(
I wish I had applied earlier, i just decided late to apply!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.