TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

lik0401

Legendary Member
  • Oct 30, 2022
    Hi @lik0401 - you should have received a confirmation email from me saying that you will hear from us in 15 working days from the date of the last test (which was yesterday) as we do not start marking until all exercises have been taken. You should hear from us on or by Weds 15 February (all candidates will hear at the same time). Although this may seem like a long time to wait, please do bear in mind that the exercises are marked diligently by two associates, so it does take some time to turn around. Thanks, Gemma.
    Thank you very much Gemma!

Reactions: WillkieGemma

DoomScroller

• Jan 26, 2023
    This is just a short appreciation update directed at the regular posters on this thread (and on TCLA more generally).

After a failed application cycle in 2021/22 (including a very bad AC performance, which I largely attribute to hubris), I questioned whether I'd ever secure a TC. Undeterred, I applied again during the current cycle - albeit a lot more selectively this time round. Fortunately, following a brilliant WVS at Travers Smith in December I have now been offered/accepted a TC with the firm! As a long-term lurker here since 2021, it only felt right to thank everyone for their advice and motivational messages (even if they weren't directed at me specifically). The camaraderie was really infectious and the advice often relatable. I genuinely feel like the comments here motivated me to continue trying, so a huge thank-you is long overdue!

If you're reading this and struggling with the process, try to remember that perseverance will prosper in the end. Best of luck to everyone - hope you smash it.

🙂

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.