TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallumJR

Valued Member
Premium Member
Jul 16, 2020
I got rejected from a winter vac scheme with Stephenson Harwood but they said they still want to consider me for spring/summer scheme and TC, would this mean I am likely to get a spot or still 50/50. I think it would be harsh to keep me on and then reject me.
I hope you don't mind asking but at which stage (post app / interview / ac...) did you receive the rejection?

divaination

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 31, 2022
    I got rejected from a winter vac scheme with Stephenson Harwood but they said they still want to consider me for spring/summer scheme and TC, would this mean I am likely to get a spot or still 50/50. I think it would be harsh to keep me on and then reject me.
    what did their email say?

sxw517

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 12.29.56.png
    Hey - when were you sent the WG? Didn’t know they even had WG in their process, is this new for this year?

Hey, I think I have auto-filled the box on my spreadsheet from the firm above, so I have confused myself lol.

You are right, I have just searched the application process and there is no WG!

• Love
    Reactions: lawyering

Sarah T

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 9, 2020
    I applied two days ago and haven't received the tests yet - I thought everyone receives them but now I'm wondering if our apps are reviewed first?
    The tests are sent automatically but the firm have to manually send them. There are only two people in Mayer Brown's Grad Rec team and there have probably been a lot of applications since they have a very short application form this year 😂

D

Deleted member 24543

But does talent war = needing to know the firm name?

Isn’t this a bit unnecessary? it allows Slaughters to potentially preempt a decision without meeting the candidate/hearing what their reasons are for applying to Slaughters versus the other firm.

I think it’s a fair enough question at interview though, especially if you deliberately mention that you have an offer with another firm!
    I defo agree though, but yeah maybe as Jessica said they're also trying to see what kind of firms you're looking at!

Reactions: corpsesinthewild

billyonthespeeddial

Jan 21, 2023
    @Jessica Booker after a week's cycle of AC's, do grad recs at firms tend to decide on and call each successful candidate on separate days? or do they generally make a list of successful candidates and call them all on the same day?

in other words should I expect a rejection if my friend got called and offered a place two days ago?

thank you so much

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    @Jessica Booker after a week's cycle of AC's, do grad recs at firms tend to decide on and call each successful candidate on separate days? or do they generally make a list of successful candidates and call them all on the same day?

in other words should I expect a rejection if my friend got called and offered a place two days ago?

thank you so much
    Unfortunately, it isn't as simple as this - there can be lots of different approaches, and then there can also be contributing factors to why individuals hear back earlier/later than others.

I don't think you should expect a rejection though - there could be many reasons why they have contacted you yet, whether you are successful or not.

Reactions: billyonthespeeddial
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.