Status
Not open for further replies.

kab

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 15, 2020
The post-AC anxiety is a real killer - any tips?
Currently in the same boat - also interested in tips. It's hard not to go over how exercises went - like remembering how you answered difficult questions in the interview. I'm trying to focus on my next applications.
As a recent post-AC anxiety sufferer I know how you both feel! Here are some things that helped me:

• This post:
  • Absolutely - the key is to reflect on the positives of the experience and focus less on the outcome. Whilst that can be really hard to do, the way you perceive your AC affects how you think about it. I always think about what an opportunity it is to be at the firm. You reached this stage, so you are clearly a great candidate! Know your worth, and don't let the outcome of an AC determine that.

• Remind yourself daily that worrying about the AC will not change the outcome and that your thoughts are not fact. It’s impossible to predict what might happen or how the interviewers perceived you, so all you can do is acknowledge that you did the best you could in that moment
  • Give yourself time to ruminate. Strange, but it works. I gave myself 10 minutes a day to ruminate over the interview/assessment and journal my thoughts. This allowed me to express my frustrations and put them aside.
  • Go outside and get some fresh air. Exercise if you can, doesn’t matter if it’s a walk or a gym session just move to get some extra endorphins
  • Distract yourself with your favourite series, book etc. spend time with family and friends
  • Remember that if you don’t get the scheme, you’re a capable candidate and you CAN get another AC
Hope this helps and fingers crossed you get good news!!

Last edited:

LJ

Distinguished Member
Oct 17, 2022
is a shirt with top button undone suitable for a virtual AC?
I personally always think it is better to be over rather than underdressed. It probably wouldn't matter for most firms, but you never know if the partner you get interviewing you is old school and a stickler for jacket/ties - first impressions and all that!

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
I personally always think it is better to be over rather than underdressed. It probably wouldn't matter for most firms, but you never know if the partner you get interviewing you is old school and a stickler for jacket/ties - first impressions and all that!
Similar question - what’s the general opinion on a blouse without a jacket? I want to look professional enough but I also get super warm when I’m nervous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.