TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryingtiger

Valued Member
Dec 11, 2020
Lol it was barely an accusation, several people had tagged you asking about the offer and you hadn't replied so I just stated a possible reason alongside saying it could've been special circumstances which it was! Not being petty or jealous haha maybe just reply to people if you don't want suspicion! There have been people falsely claiming they received AC invites or offers on here and where everyone's so sensitive to news like that and it affects their post-app or post-interview anxiety, it's just nice to respond quickly (no obligation to though, ofc, just saying it's nice!)
Makes sense, but I am not on TCLA 24/7, I do have to concentrate on uni work too! 😄

I do put my hands up, and apologise that I did not respond sooner, but I haven’t seen any @ tags from you asking about my offer, if I did I would have responded immediately. But of course if someone does not respond, everyone would ponder why, so I get what you mean there!

I totally understand regarding your point on post-app and post-AC anxiety I feel that too, and it’s not nice giving false information. But as I said GR was so nice to give me early feedback, as I had a clashing VS! And also because my friend is an associate at Goodwin, so that helped too!

I’m sure you have it in the bag! In the future, I’ll make sure to respond to people on here asap, or better still people can just private message it’s so much easier!

rosec

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 25, 2022
I wouldn't say so yet because I know they are still holding ACs. Someone I know has one early next week, so there is still hope!
true, I hope so. I guess it’s also impacted by the fact that they do it on a rolling basis. hopefully we hear back with good news soon. just makes u anxious when people have offers and you don’t even know if you got to interview yet 😭

Reactions: Ali A

Lawstudent**

Star Member
  • Aug 27, 2022
    These types of emails are common but are not auto generated - they will have purposely wanted to say this to you. Take it that you came close and that if you feel you continue to develop your profile/skill set, they are encouraging you to think applying again.
    Thank you for clarifying Jessica. They did mention in the email to not be discouraged and that they enourage that I apply for future vacation schemes, so there is a positive in that.

Reactions: Jessica Booker

Momo

Esteemed Member
    Nov 21, 2022
    true, I hope so. I guess it’s also impacted by the fact that they do it on a rolling basis. hopefully we hear back with good news soon. just makes u anxious when people have offers and you don’t even know if you got to interview yet 😭
    I asked graduate recruitment yesterday during the W&C webinar. She said they are still reviewing applications and sending VI invites for the summer. I asked for summer only though not sure about spring.

Reactions: Noodles and Ali A

rosec

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 25, 2022
    I asked graduate recruitment yesterday during the W&C webinar. She said they are still reviewing applications and sending VI invites for the summer. I asked for summer only though not sure about spring.
    thanks for the insight, I guess that means that they’re still in the process of inviting ppl to interview for summer then :)

Reactions: Ali A and Momo

Dwight

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 21, 2019
    Are you opting for the direct route as you think your chances are better based on the stats you have provided?
    No, not necessarily about the chances - but if they recruit around 50/50, I would rather be rejected at AC for direct route than spend 2 weeks with the firm in the summer and be rejected after that (I work full time and have done schemes before - so not really bothered about scheme experience and am being careful about the time I put in vs the return, especially considering that I would have to take annual leave for the scheme if successful).

j.s.cox

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 29, 2022
    Just been sent WG for NRF but also a behavioural test? is the behavioural test mentioned anywhere on their site? I had no idea they had one of these and would not have applied otherwise
    The behavioral test is new this year and they are using it alongside the WG as an experiment to see if it is a useful recruiting tool for them. You will be progressed to the next stage if you score highly in the WG, the Arctic Shores behavioural assessment, or both, so don't worry about it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.