TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
Finally at the end of my VS application cycle with a second VS offer! (unless, of course, W&C surprise me post-app like 5 months after applying!!).
I have made approximately 20 applications, receiving approximately 10 post-app rejections. For others, I have been rejected post-test or post-VI. I have passed every WG test, but failed all but one SJT. I reached AC/final interview for 6, withdrawing from 2 of these for personal reasons.

Interestingly, all but one of my post-app rejections were for firms that I didn’t actually like much, and just applied for because they had open applications. For 6 of my 8 favourite firms, I reached AC/final interview. I think this really says a lot about how you come across in an application for a favourite firm!

I will take a lot away from this VS cycle going into direct TC applications. I will also try my absolute hardest to convert one of my vacation schemes (any tips would be massively appreciated!!).

SuccessfulSolicitor

Distinguished Member
Feb 24, 2023
Finally at the end of my VS application cycle with a second VS offer! (unless, of course, W&C surprise me post-app like 5 months after applying!!).
I have made approximately 20 applications, receiving approximately 10 post-app rejections. For others, I have been rejected post-test or post-VI. I have passed every WG test, but failed all but one SJT. I reached AC/final interview for 6, withdrawing from 2 of these for personal reasons.

Interestingly, all but one of my post-app rejections were for firms that I didn’t actually like much, and just applied for because they had open applications. For 6 of my 8 favourite firms, I reached AC/final interview. I think this really says a lot about how you come across in an application for a favourite firm!

I will take a lot away from this VS cycle going into direct TC applications. I will also try my absolute hardest to convert one of my vacation schemes (any tips would be massively appreciated!!).
Congratulations 🎉🥳
I can’t lie when you mentioned W&C I really thought they were finally getting back to people but that’s too much to hope for from them atp 💀

• Haha
Reactions: rosec

Ali A

Legendary Member
  • Feb 28, 2022

Congratulations! You have done so well this cycle!

JML6000

Standard Member
    Mar 20, 2023
    Anyone know if the WBD Assessment is Watson Glaser with a video element or is it their internal situational judgment test?
    It's the Amberjack assessment platform. It's normally situational judgement in the form of how you would respond to an email and some numerical reasoning based off data tables and graphs. The same platform that Trowers and Hill Dickinson use. There are also some video interview questions at the end of it

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.