TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pal22

Jul 9, 2021
- It has the largest team of M&A lawyers gloablly, so is really strong at transactional work. At the same time, it is also a full-service firm which ranks well across the board.
- It has international reach with a swiss verein structure and constantly undertakes cross-border work.
- It is a London firm with an exceptionally strong transatlantic presence.
- The firm prides itself on being the first 'global law firm' and is therefore quite innovative.
- It has heavily invested in D&I initiatives.

This is just a snapshot and you'd probably need to do a bit more research than this, but it's a start. Also, you'd want to try and talk about why any of these factors are important to you. If you are applying to the firm, you must have a reason that you've picked it over other law firms to apply to, so that's probably also a good start.

Good luck!
Thank you this is extremely helpful!

Reactions: j.s.cox

TraineeCityLawyer

Standard Member
Sep 16, 2020
Can someone here please share any online resources such as any websites or apps where I can quickly master timed video interviews? Despite doing well in conversational interviews, I end up being flustered and lose track of my thoughts in VI’s. I also compromise on detail and end up saying mediocre statements such as “I enjoy cross border work”. I would be really grateful if anyone can redirect to any resources!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Can someone here please share any online resources such as any websites or apps where I can quickly master timed video interviews? Despite doing well in conversational interviews, I end up being flustered and lose track of my thoughts in VI’s. I also compromise on detail and end up saying mediocre statements such as “I enjoy cross border work”. I would be really grateful if anyone can redirect to any resources!
Your universities career service may have access to a video interview platform that you can practice on. There are also some basic practice simulators where you can record your answers and watch them back on sites like: Ultimate Video Interview Guide (With Free Online Practice) (assessmentday.co.uk) and Video Interview - Record yourself and play back video interview answers. (videointerviewbot.com)

• 🏆
Reactions: TraineeCityLawyer
Hello has anyone heard anything from Invesco please? I know they requested my right to work in the UK and sent a holding email saying they received loads of applicants but that was in September so I wonder if anyone has had a response?

If you could:

- green tick = applied and interview invite
- thumbs up = applied but no response at all
- cross = applied and received rejection email

that would be great!

Thanks,

traineedreamer

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Oct 23, 2019
Anybody hear from Linklaters vac scheme?
And does anyone know whether rejections from firms are all sent out at once?

I haven't heard back from them yet, but I was in a Webinar with Grad Rec last week and they said that:
1) They send AC invites in batches to manage numbers, so it's not a bad sign if someone has heard back and you haven't.
2) For those who applied for the Spring Vac Scheme, they will probably get back to you around December/January as they'll be focusing on the Winter Vac Scheme first :)

FutureLawyer99

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Dec 28, 2021
This issue is basically affecting anyone who applies through Allhires. The same thing happened to me when submitting Gibson Dunn, Jones Day, and Shearman. I wouldn’t worry about it :)
Ah ok! Thanks! In your applications, for your university grades, did you put your final grade of each year? My transcript for my degree doesn't tell me the average grade for each year. Should I leave this blank?

Any thoughts on this? @Jessica Booker @Jaysen

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Ah ok! Thanks! In your applications, for your university grades, did you put your final grade of each year? My transcript for my degree doesn't tell me the average grade for each year. Should I leave this blank?

Any thoughts on this? @Jessica Booker @Jaysen
You should probably just need to provide your individual module results rather than an overall average per year. If it is asking you what grade you are likely to achieve (if you haven't completed your degree), either go by what the university has formally told you they expect you to achieve or on the basis of what your last year's result was (average) and just calculate this as how your university formally calculates it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.