Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Should I mention insight days at other firms in my work experience on my CV/on the application?
I personally feel these shouldn't be in a work experience section (although many people do include them in their work experience section). I think it is better to have a separate section in your CV for these types of events, or for them to be covered in another section of an application form (e.g. extra information section). However, in instances where this is not possible, then combining your insight/open days into one work experience entry and then detailing them altogether is very common.

RANDOTRON

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 11, 2021
    Hi, is it okay if we don't mention Open Days in the work experience section and instead mention it as part of the answer to: "why do you want to train with us?". Mostly because I cannot think of much content on the experience apart from getting to know more about the firm. Thank you!
    As @Jessica Booker mentioned in one of her comments (which I've quoted below for your convenience), it is better to cover your open days in another section. So you can leave it out in your work experience and mention it instead in answering the question you stated. In my opinion, it'll make your answer stand out a bit more because you're drawing upon a specific experience you have with the firm as part of your answer.

But don't include it just because it's an open day as mentioning an open day in itself will not make a good application. My advice is to make sure that you actually answer the question, so really think about the aspects of the firm's training that you learned or saw at the open day. Make sure you relate that back to you, i.e., why does this particular aspect of their training which you mention appeal to you. If there isn't anything from the open day that is relevant in answering the question, then don't mention it because it'll just detract from your answer and seem out of place.
    I personally feel these shouldn't be in a work experience section (although many people do include them in their work experience section). I think it is better to have a separate section in your CV for these types of events, or for them to be covered in another section of an application form (e.g. extra information section). However, in instances where this is not possible, then combining your insight/open days into one work experience entry and then detailing them altogether is very common.

bibss

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 28, 2020
    Good luck! It was very conversational to be honest. Didn’t get any technical questions. They’re more interested in getting to know you as a person so don’t feel stressed. :)
    Oh wow, a future trainee there told me her interview was very commercial and PE-focussed. Perhaps they grill you more if you are a law student/graduate?

Donuttime

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    May 17, 2021
    Please complete the test within three days of receiving this email.

if i recieved this email on the 8th of november, do I have till the 11th of november or the 10th of november??

dlaw2023

Oct 25, 2022
    Is it acceptable to have a 2-page CV? I have quite a bit of experience and want to provide sufficient detail about these.

If a 1-page CV is required, how small can I go with my font size?

Should I bother including every single job and responsibility I've had or omit experiences such as bartending/waitressing? I took a few gap years so am worried that omitting stuff will mean gaps that aren't sufficiently explained.

(been posting quite a bit yesterday and today but really want to hone my next application after a slew of rejections)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.