TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopefulfuturelawyer

Premium Member
Apr 27, 2022
Congratulations on the offer šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜Just had my interview and it was not as bad as I thought it would be given the reputation of US firms. You were right in saying it was quite relaxed. I donā€™t think the partner liked me that much as I felt we didnā€™t manage to find a connection. In any case, it was a good experience.

How long did you have to wait after your interview to find out the outcome?
Iā€™m sure you did well! Some partners can come across as slightly cold but that doesnā€™t mean your performance was bad. I heard back about 8 days later but Iā€™m sure youā€™ll probably hear back on Friday. :)

• šŸ¤
Reactions: bibss and Maria d'Orey

bibss

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2020
Iā€™m sure you did well! Some partners can come across as slightly cold but that doesnā€™t mean your performance was bad. I heard back about 8 days later but Iā€™m sure youā€™ll probably hear back on Friday. :)
Thanks, we'll see ahah Don't have much hope tbh as I know how important it is to establish a connection from past interviews

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
I'd say its actually a minority of firms that do a blind recruitment process at any stage of the process.
Thank you Jessica :) I have another question, if thatā€™s ok? I contacted a firm to ask if they would consider me if I didnā€™t fit their criteria (top uni, strong 2.1); my degree is from a top uni, but a low 2.1. They said that they would encourage me to apply - would they say this if they didnā€™t mean it? I donā€™t want to spend many hours researching them further and then writing an application, if they actually wouldnā€™t consider me and theyā€™re just being polite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.