TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
I don't think there's much prep you can do really. Maybe just make sure you start it when you have plenty of time to complete it - you can take breaks between games if that helps keep your focus up!

If this is for the Arctic Shores Assessment, the best advice I can give is to ensure you are taking it at a time where you feel mentally alert and then enjoy it as much as possible. There is very little preparation you can do. The firm I took this test for just wanted to understand my personality a bit more but I don't think they rejected anyone based off it. If this firm is going to reject you based off this test, it probably means they think your personality would not have fit into the firm. Either way, I wouldn't overthink it.
Thank you both - yes, I think it might be Arctic Shores. I think TW invite people to AC using only the GBA result, so I imagine they reject most people after the test (anyone, please correct me if I am wrong). I will ensure that I am well-rested beforehand - thank you!

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
Is it worth it to apply to rolling firms on their last day? [This is regarding Skadden, which has a small trainee intake too]
I think Skadden are considered rolling because they advance people through the process before the deadline, but non-rolling in the sense that they will read all applications before making final decisions. So yes, you should definitely still apply!

• 🤝
Reactions: IT7

TCinpipeline

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 31, 2021
With some firms opening their applications for winter, spring and summer schemes in the coming weeks, we thought it was time to open a new thread for a new application cycle.

Please use this master thread to discuss anything related to vacation scheme applications for the 2022-2023 application cycle. This can include everything from application and interview queries to news from particular law firms.

If you want to check last year's thread you can find it here: TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Other useful threads can be found here:

Wishing everyone the best of luck for the upcoming cycle.

Thanks,

Jess
Hi - it may seem obvious but can you explain how best TCLA gold members can utilise the TCLA application database? Most law firms change their application questions each year so are different to those answers given in the application database samples. There is no search facility to find examples to specific questions. Thank you.

corpsesinthewild

Jan 30, 2022
Hello! I just received an AC invite for DLA Piper but it’s in Manchester? As far as I remember I applied for the London office — I’m so confused since, apart from the location of the AC, they do not mention which office I’m applying to anywhere. Has anyone received an invite with similar information or has any insight into this?

• 🏆
Reactions: Uvaia and gw9

gw9

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 28, 2022
Hello! I just received an AC invite for DLA Piper but it’s in Manchester? As far as I remember I applied for the London office — I’m so confused since, apart from the location of the AC, they do not mention which office I’m applying to anywhere. Has anyone received an invite with similar information or has any insight into this?
If you log into the application portal does it still let you view your submission? Mine says where I put as first and second choice, but I haven't heard back yet. Do you mind me asking when you applied and submitted the WG?

corpsesinthewild

Jan 30, 2022
If you log into the application portal does it still let you view your submission? Mine says where I put as first and second choice, but I haven't heard back yet. Do you mind me asking when you applied and submitted the WG?
Both first and second choices say London so I’m confused haha. And I applied on the 16th of October and sat the WG on the 24th. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.