TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Law Student

Distinguished Member
Dec 20, 2022
Hi all,

When answering "why this firm?", is it okay to talk about how their values on diversity reflect yours or is that too generic? I feel like every law firm is trying to be more diverse so that answer could be applied to any law firm. Should my answer be more specific if thats the case? :)

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
When giving video interview answers (ie. with a set time limit), is it better to talk about fewer things in more depth, or more things but briefly? eg. for why this firm, would one reason be enough if I really expanded on my answer? I'm finding that I can't fit more than one thing into tight time limits, while explaining my reasoning at what I feel is a deep enough level.

RB2022

Valued Member
Sep 28, 2022
Hey! May I ask when you applied to Links? And is this for the direct TC or vac scheme?

MANY CONGRATULATIONS BTW!! 🤩🤩🤩
Thank you!!!! 🥰🥰🥰

This is for their vac scheme, I got the invite today since I went to their Open Day so you get fast-tracked (which is very nice as I’ve only had rejections from my other choices so far) 😂

• Love
Reactions: Cryingtiger

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Good morning people, can I ask your opinion on something?I am trying to answer this question “Please tell us about a recent commercial deal that has captured your interest. If you could represent a side, which would it be and why? I am struggling a bit with the approach to take. I chose a deal and my idea is to represent the purchaser for 3 reasons: financial, commercial and legal given all the licensing issues. Is this the right approach?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Good morning people, can I ask your opinion on something?I am trying to answer this question “Please tell us about a recent commercial deal that has captured your interest. If you could represent a side, which would it be and why? I am struggling a bit with the approach to take. I chose a deal and my idea is to represent the purchaser for 3 reasons: financial, commercial and legal given all the licensing issues. Is this the right approach?
This all sounds reasonable - but I would ensure you tie it back to you and your motivations/aspirations. Why would working on the purchaser side interest you on this particular matter? What would make it interesting to you?

Reactions: S87
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.